Use our cast-iron griddle to cook the skirt steak, onion and bell peppers on the grill. Thanks to the griddle’s raised back and sides, the ingredients won’t slip through the grates.
- 2 lb. skirt steak
- 3 Tbs. fajita rub
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. canola oil
- Guacamole (see related recipe at left), pico de gallo, sour cream and tortillas for serving
Rub the steak with the fajita rub and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Thinly slice the steak across the grain.
Prepare a hot fire in a grill. Place a la plancha cast-iron griddle on the grill to preheat.
In a bowl, stir together the onion, bell peppers and 1 Tbs. of the oil.
Brush the griddle with the remaining 1 Tbs. oil. Place the steak on one side of the griddle and the onion and bell peppers on the other side. Cook, turning occasionally with tongs, until the steak is just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes, and the vegetables are browned and softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
Transfer the steak, onion and peppers to a platter and serve immediately with guacamole, pico de gallo, sour cream and tortillas. Serves 4 to 6.