Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro Boning Knife
- Special Offer
Whether you're boning chicken breasts or preparing a crown roast, this knife's narrow blade is ideally shaped for the close work of trimming and separating meat from bone. A special curved bolster design by architect Matteo Thun promotes a perfect thumb grip for comfort and safety.
- Each knife is precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process, resulting in an exceptionally hard yet flexible blade.
- Zwilling’s Friodur ice-hardening technique results in a harder, sharper blade that is corrosion resistant and highly elastic.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Arched bolster designed by architect Matteo Thun perfectly supports the thumb for ultimate comfort, safety and precise handling. Also allows the full length of the edge to be sharpened, from tip to end.
- The sleek ABS resin handle is triple riveted to the blade and contoured for a secure, comfortable grip.
- 5 1/2"-long blade; ; 4 1/2" handle; 3 oz.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels since 1731.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
Receive a free gift with your qualifying purchase of Zwilling J.A. Henckels cutlery. Print Coupon
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by vangesta from My favorite forever knife I have had this knife for close to 20 years. I use it almost as often as I cook at home...which is several times a week. I occasionally sharpen it to make sure I get a nice, clean cut...but that is all I have ever had to do with this knife. I'm on this site today to order a second one so my daughter and I don't quibble over who gets "the good knife". Nuff said.Date published: 2015-11-06Rated 5 out of 5 by CMCM49 from Wonderful Knife I wanted to get a boning knife and looked at the different brands. Once again, the one I liked best of all was a Zwilling….my knife block is full of Zwillings because I always seem to like them the best! I especially like the Pro line with the angled bolster, which really makes a difference in holding the knife well during use. I had previously bought the Pro 8" chef's knife and love that one, so when I started looking at boning style knives I finally narrowed it down to this one and the Wusthof Classic Ikon. In the end, I just preferred how the Zwilling felt to hold and use (always good to test knives before buying). The handle is very substantial and comfortable, and the blade has just a bit of flex to it that works well for my purpose. Highly recommended…in fact, the whole Pro line is great.Date published: 2015-08-29