Zwilling J.A. Henckels Damascus Bread Knife
Bread KnifeExclusive Internet Only
Made of true Damascus steel, this knife is not only the first German made Damascus knife but also the first forged Damascus knife with a bolster from a single piece of Damascus. Made of 160 layers of hand-folded steel it results in a blade that is exceptionally hard and durable. This bread knife slices through crisp bread and soft interiors without compressing the soft, delicate interiors.
- Each knife is precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process resulting in an exceptionally hard yet flexible blade.
- Zwilling’s Fridour ice-hardening technique results in a harder, sharper blade that is corrosion resistant and highly elastic.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- A curved bolster provides a seamless transition from handle to blade and supports the thumb for better balance and safety.
- An ergonomic Grenadill hardwood handle provides elegant styling with its richly grained, silky black appearance.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels since 1731.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 8" blade.
- 4 1/2" handle.
- 5 3/4 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.