Wüsthof Classic Ikon Chef’s Knives
Perfectly balanced to feel like an extension of your hand, this chef's knife deftly slices, dices, minces and juliennes. Its high-carbon-steel blade, forged in the renowned cutlery center of Solingen, Germany, tapers from handle to tip and from spine to edge.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handle is made of smooth polypropylene.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6" knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6 oz.
- 8" knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9 oz.
- 10" knife: 10"-long blade, 5 1/4"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CLSM from The balance on this knife is awsome I find myself using this knife for everything. It balances in my hand so well.Date published: 2016-06-27Rated 5 out of 5 by Blahait from Phenomenal knife I could not recommend this knife any higher. It is supremely sharp and durable. Hone with steel before each use and you can easily go a year between sharpenings. The Classic Ikon has a supremely comfortable handle and its a good heavy weight giving you great control. The only negative of my 8 inch knife is that it is slightly to be for my girlfriend due to her hands being smaller, that should be easily remedied though with the 6 inch option. If you are looking for a great knife, look no further.Date published: 2016-05-31Rated 5 out of 5 by JohnJomtien from This is a great all-around Chef's knife I purchased this knife along with a Shun Kaji Santoku as a replacement for a Henckel Chef knife after 40 years of great service. I found this knife to be thinner, lighter, and sharper than the older Henckels. I think that's just newer knife design. I know these are precision tools designed for cutting, but I'm not going to put it down and use another tool when I need to crush garlic, etc. I use the side of the blade for that. I've had this knife for about six months and I love it. I reach for it or the Shun Santoku equally, simply depending on my mood. I'd say I lean toward this one for cutting meat and the Shun for vegetables. With the exception that this one seems to do a better job with skin (bell peppers and the like). None of the problems or issues that others have experienced. I'm a home cook. Cook everyday, and I don't treat these things like crystal glassware, but like utility tools. I don't abuse them, but I don't baby them. So far so good. High marks from me!Date published: 2015-11-03Rated 2 out of 5 by gramgram from Would not buy again The design is attractive, comfortable in my hand and cuts beautifully. So why wouldn't I purchase them again? They have an aero dynamic design and with the slightest touch, they twirl around like a helicopter blade. I don't know what the handles are made of but 3 of the knives in my set have flown off on to the floor and broke. Super glue has helped but for the price, they shouldn't be so fragile. The other design looks like it would be a better purchase.Date published: 2015-04-25Rated 5 out of 5 by GaryDCLT from Great knife for the money Really nicely done product. Packaged well and delivered perfectly. Has been used hard and still has the same edge as delivered a month ago. First of the Ikon series for me, but will buy more.Date published: 2014-07-16Rated 5 out of 5 by furrawn from excellent choice This knife is an excellent addition to the kitchen. Well balanced. A pleasure to use.Date published: 2013-03-15Rated 5 out of 5 by infidel from Beautiful Knife This is an excellent knife. I like its heft and balance. The blade is unbelievable sharp and it's a pleasure to use. Highly recommended.Date published: 2013-01-23Rated 5 out of 5 by alicat74 from beautiful, comfortable, sharp Great knife. I had the Classic Wusthof version of this chef's knife for almost twenty years, and was ready for a new one. I was hesitant about switching to the Ikon instead of getting another Classic, but I really like it. The handle is much more comfortable, and the knife as a whole feels better balanced.Date published: 2012-12-13