Williams Sonoma Decorative Carving Board, Walnut
We've designed our handsome black walnut board to be as versatile as it is functional. It performs beautifully as a special-occasion presentation board or as a durable cutting board for everyday prep.
- Long-lasting board easily withstands vigorous chopping, yet is resilient enough to protect a blade's sharp edge.
- Well around the board's perimeter collects meat juices.
- Great for serving everything from appetizers to farmstead cheeses and crusty bread.
- Crafted from solid black walnut—a hardwood prized for its exceptional durability, rich color and intricate grain.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 20" x 14 1/2" x 3/4" thick.
- 4 lb. 15 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Season your board with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board, start by slightly warming the mineral oil. Use a clean, dry cloth to apply the oil in the direction of the wood grain. Allow the oil to soak in, then repeat with another application. After allowing the board to dry, wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge the board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for two to three minutes, then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel, then stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 4 out of 5 by winter02 from carving board need to treat it good before using it. use oil to treat it for 5 days but when I wash it after carving turkey it had rough finish.Date published: 2016-12-05Rated 2 out of 5 by kls18 from Can't recommend I received this and applied a food safe mineral oil to the cutting board. It is beautiful and looked rich after the application of oil. Used the board for Christmas Eve dinner to carve a ham. After the meal I immediately ran a damp lightly soapy sponge over the board and dried it. The board after one use has rough patches like a rough bit of fur and dried out spots on it. So disappointed, particularly for the price. This will be going back to the store.Date published: 2015-12-26