Williams-Sonoma Enchilada Starter
Enchiladas have their origins in Mexico’s Mayan culture. The modern version is a hearty, vibrantly flavored casserole of rolled tortillas stuffed with chicken, beef or shrimp and cheese, baked in a sauce of fire-roasted tomatillos or tomatoes with mild chili peppers, onions and spices. Our all-natural Green and Red Enchilada Starters are as close to the real thing as you can get.
- Tangy, spicy slow-cooked blends of traditional ingredients for making Mexican-style green or red enchiladas.
- Green Enchilada Starter: Combines tart and spicy slow-roasted tomatillos, poblano and serrano peppers and lime juice with a savory mixture of fresh garlic, onion, cilantro. Heavy cream adds a smooth, velvety consistency.
- Red Enchilada Starter: Slow-simmered with traditional ingredients – roasted tomatoes, mild New Mexico and ancho chili peppers. The smoky flavors are balanced with a savory blend of fresh garlic, onion and spices.
- Just mix together with shredded cooked chicken or pork, chopped onions and cheese; roll in tortillas and bake to create this popular Mexican casserole.
- 1 lb. 9 oz.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Green Enchilada Starter: Tomatillos, water, poblano peppers, onion, heavy whipping cream (heavy cream, contains less than 0.5% of following: mono and diglycerides, polysorbate 80, carrageenan), cilantro, garlic, salt, lime juice from concentrate, sugar, serrano peppers.
- Red Enchilada Starter: Water, tomatoes (tomato, tomato juice, calcium chloride, citric acid), roasted tomatoes, New Mexico mild chili peppers, ancho chili peppers, roasted onions, apple cider vinegar, salt, sweet red peppers, roasted garlic, sugar, spices, xanthan gum.