Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Williams-Sonoma Star Anise
Native to southern China and Vietnam, star anise is a seed-bearing pod from an evergreen tree related to the magnolia. Its aromatic essential oils reside in shiny black seeds inside the star-shaped pod, offering a pungent licorice flavor with sweet hints of cinnamon and clove.
- Prized for its spicy licorice flavor and aroma, star anise is used to flavor both sweet and savory dishes.
- Chinese cooks often add star anise to poultry and pork dishes, while the Vietnamese use the spice in their celebrated beef soup, pho.
- This fragrant spice is a delicious seasoning for chicken, duck, fish and scallops. It also adds warm, spicy flavor to baked goods.
- Star anise can be used whole, broken into individual points or crushed in a spice grinder.
- Hand-selected for its pleasing shape and aroma, our premium, all-natural star anise is sourced from China by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Northern California's Napa Valley.
- 0.8 oz.
- Product of China.
- Star anise.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.