Vitamix S55 Personal Blender, Brushed Stainless
Featuring an exclusive brushed stainless-steel finish, this space-saving Vitamix blender takes the guesswork out of food prep with convenient preset functions. It combines the professional performance of a full-sized Vitamix blender with a streamlined design that’s ideal for on-the-go food prep. Just turn the dial to whip up anything from an individual smoothie to the perfect party dip or frozen dessert. Ideal for blending soups, sauces and more, this versatile machine is also handy for chopping herbs and veggies.
- Four preset functions include Smoothies, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts and Power Blends—a special setting for processing hard or tough ingredients, such as kale or carrots.
- Variable-speed operation with a pulse feature gives you precise control over texture, whether you're blending or chopping.
- Interchangeable 40-oz. prep container and 20-oz. insulated blending container/travel cup make it simple to switch from one preparation to another.
- Built and rigorously tested by the family-owned and -operated Vitamix company at its headquarters in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Model S55.
- 6" x 9" x 16" high.
- Travel container: 20 fl.-oz. cap.
- Large container: 40 fl.-oz. cap.
- 790-watt motor.
- 8 lb.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Durable plastic base; BPA-free Tritan copolyester container.
- Made in USA with U.S. and foreign components.
- Compact, state-of-the-art machine features an all-metal container-to-base coupling—and the signature laser-cut, stainless-steel blades that make every Vitamix so efficient.
- Brushed stainless-steel finish resists smudging and fingerprints.
- 20-oz. double-wall blending container/travel cup with flip-top lid is ideal for cold beverages to go.
- 40-oz. container is just the right size for preparing smaller family meals.
- Safety interlocking system turns the machine off automatically when the container is lifted or rocked from the base while you’re blending.
- Includes a signature Vitamix cookbook.
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Additional 20-oz. to-go containers sold separately.
- Use & Care
- Blades are sharp — handle with care.
- Blending containers, lids and blade base are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Wipe base clean with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery
You May Also Need
Vitamix 20-Oz. To-Go Container
Rated 5 out of 5 by WSFan4Life from LOVE this blender When I bought this blender it was a toss up between the Vitamix S55 and the Ninja. While this machine is double the price of the Ninja, I decided to get this based on reviews and demonstrations. It took me more than a month to come to this conclusion as its such an expensive purchase. I could not have been more happy. While the juices don't come out quite like described, I LOVE the smoothies and there is no doubt this machine pulverizes everything you put in it. You can absolutely put peels on fruits and vegetables and even pineapple cores and you would never know it based on how smooth everything blends together. I would agree with someone else that the 20 oz container is not the easiest to clean but if you rinse it right after use and put it in the dishwasher, its a breeze. Vitamix customer service is also top notch. My cat ate one of the seals and this is not something sold separately. I sent Vitamix an email and they replaced it for me. This is money well spent! FREE of charge.Date published: 2016-10-11Rated 4 out of 5 by NorthTexasLady from Works Well My test of any blender is how well it pulverizes the whole flax seed I use in my daily shake. This machine completed the task as well as my full sized Vitamix producing a perfect shake. Cleaning: Not as bad as I expected after I read the review from the lady who had trouble getting flax & chia seed bits off the walls of the jar. I did not experience this problem. My bottle brush whisked them off just fine and in fast order. I took one star off because it sounds like it's going to quit at any moment while it's running. Makes me think t won't last. I will update this review if it breaks.Date published: 2016-04-21Rated 5 out of 5 by WhaleLady from Pretty and Powerful Love this blender! Purchased this because I needed to have a soft diet after oral surgery and it was the perfect appliance for that purpose. I am well past recovery and we are now trying all sorts of recipes. We will be using it in many different ways for years to come. It is powerful enough to blend just about anything, yet slender enough to not take up too much room on the counter. We really like the tamper that is included, great for making sure everything gets blended well. Looks great in the kitchen as well.Date published: 2015-06-23Rated 5 out of 5 by Rosey425 from Pricey but worth it I debated buying a cheapo personal blender versus splurging on a personal vitamix. I live in a one bedroom apartment in NYC and this is the perfect size blender for my spouse and I. We have already mixed up a few different kinds of smoothies. It blended carrots easily as well as different types of greens. The to-go cups eliminate another stage of work and can go right into the dishwasher at the end of the day. I have no issue removing the blade bottom and rinsing it with a little soap in the morning before I leave - it takes less than a minute. I also heavily debated whether I needed the presets but honestly I now believe they are the best part. I don't have to question whether my drink/sorbet/dip will come out right - it just does. Its also nice to note that yes, it is a blender so it makes noise, but it is so much more quiet than the previous brand blender I owned. I can mix my drinks in the morning without waking anyone. I love this product.Date published: 2015-06-09Rated 5 out of 5 by kellygirl1027 from I love this Blender I make smoothies a lot in the summer --was concerned this would be too small to handle blending frozen fruit. It's not -- the personal cup option is fantastic and blends quickly, relatively quietly and it's FAST! clean up is a breeze. I love this blender! I'm sorry I didn't make this purchase years agoDate published: 2015-05-04Rated 3 out of 5 by letsgohiking from A little disappointed I just purchased a S55 Vitamix. I am disappointed in the design of the 20 oz container. I find it hard to clean. I cannot get my hand down into it to remove particles like flax or chia seeds. These particles often do not remove when refilling with water and blending to clean, or even using a bottlebrush. This usually takes a soft dishrag to clean properly. In addition the personal 20 oz container is too big for the standard cup holders in our van and too small for the adjustable cup holder. Because it is top heavy when full it tips out of the holder and onto the floor. We even have a flat console but you can see the problem with that. So the personal 20 oz container is pretty useless for us. Otherwise it is a smooth machine and works well. If I could re-design the 20 oz container I would welcome a 20-24 oz container that is squatter so I can get my hand in it to clean. I would say forget the personal lid, which is hard to open, and go with a seal-proof lid you can place in the frig.Date published: 2015-03-06Rated 4 out of 5 by AuntieGrace from Nicely done smoothie Got this machine about 3 weeks ago, been doing smoothie, very smooth, even my older one who never like smoothie, love it!! The only thing I could not do well is ice cream will try more times, just not form together, even I use all frozen ingredien.Date published: 2015-02-23