Staub Cast-Iron Essential French Oven, Rooster Design
With sloping, tapered sides best suited for stirring, Staub's Essential French Oven is ideal for making creamy risotto. You'll also love it for slow-simmering soups, stews and tagines as well as French classics like coq au vin. With the depth of a sauté pan and the curved sides of a skillet, this essential pan is a kitchen mainstay and a symbol of French culinary heritage.
- 3 3/4-qt. capacity.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Innovative domed Christera lid promotes self-basting and is adorned with a traditional Gallic rooster and nickel-plated brass knob.
- Multicoat enameling creates a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 3/4" diam., 4 1/4" high (5 3/4" high with lid).
- 3 3/4-qt. cap.
- 9 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- Smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- No seasoning required; for best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by castirongrl from Stunning, Unique and a Workhorse French Oven This French oven is my new favorite - it's a cross between breathtaking beautiful and adorable with the chicken lid - I keep it on the stove for all to admire. I am a Staub convert for the past year and I love the line - I have made wonderful soups, stews, a lamb/beef mix chipotle meatloaf with farrow and herbs and all turned out beyond wonderful each time...every time. I did follow the directions for pre use and with light vege oil and seasoned the oven on low for about 5 minutes then wiped down the excess. If it didn't stick with my luscious meatloaf nothing will. What a wonderful Valentines Day present from my husband :)Date published: 2017-03-29Rated 5 out of 5 by Bttrswtbkr from My new special got to pot I used it for the first time to make a beef barley soup, and for now on this is my go to soup pot. Smaller than I thought, but perfect for a 2 qt soup.Date published: 2017-03-16Rated 5 out of 5 by lifeasmikey from Grenadine is the perfect color Just purchased this pan a few weeks ago and so excited to use it! The original one came with a nickel plated knob but I replaced with a golden bronze knob which goes better with the Grenadine color. The pan itself is not as large as it looks but size didnt matter to me.Date published: 2017-03-14