UK Cheddar Cheese Collection
- Online Only
The Devonshire countryside of southwest England is home to traditional English cheddar, which has been made there since the 12th century. The Quicke family has owned and operated their farm in the Devon town of Newton St. Cyres since 1540. Using the milk from their herd of 500 cows and a heritage starter culture, family cheese maker Mary Quicke crafts cheddars of distinctive quality and flavor. This trio of handcrafted cheddars includes some of Quicke's most unmistakably British varieties, prized for their creamy, buttery flavor and characteristic crystalline texture followed by welcome creaminess.
Vintage Cheddar: Traditional cheddar cellar-aged approximately two years, encouraging an intense depth of flavor.
Smoked Cheddar: Traditional cheddar aged 12 to 15 months, then cut into wedges and naturally smoked over oak chips from the estate’s woodland.
Mature Cheddar: Quicke's most famous cheese, this cheddar is slowly matured in a muslin-wrapped truckle for a year, producing a beautiful rind and unique, complex flavor.
- 8 oz. each (1 lb. 8 oz. total).
- Shipped chilled.
- Made in England.
- Use & Care
- Refrigerate cheese upon receipt. It is best stored in a vegetable bin or container away from therefrigerator fan. Wrap leftover cheese in parchment paper (plastic wrap is not recommended).
- Consume cheese within 1 to 2 weeks of receipt.
- To experience the cheese's full flavor, serve at room temperature.
- Vintage Cheddar: Cow’s Milk, starter Cultures, Salt, Rennet (animal).
- Smoked Cheddar: Cow’s Milk, starter Cultures, Salt, Rennet (animal), oak smoke.
- Mature Cheddar: Cows Whole Milk, Starter, Salt, Rennet (animal).
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value.View Full Return Policy.