Shun Premier 9-Piece Knife Block Set
The Shun Premier collection is distinguished by hand-hammered blades and walnut-colored PakkaWood handles that evoke the artistry of traditional hand-forged knives. Hand-crafted in Japan, the blades are thin and lightweight. This 9-Piece block set equips you with all the most popular cutlery pieces for everyday meals and entertaining.
- Blades feature a core of VG-MAX "super steel" clad on each side with 69 microthin layers of stainless-steel.
- The striking hand-hammered finish (tsuchime in Japanese) reduces drag when cutting and helps to quickly release food from the blade.
- Walnut-finish PakkaWood handles have a two-position design, providing a trigger grip for pull cuts and the perfect balance point for a pinch grip.
- Stainless-steel end caps embossed with the Shun logo add stability, strength and wide weight distribution from end to end.
9-Piece Set includes:
- 3" vegetable knife.
- 4" paring knife.
- 6 1/2" utility knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 9" bread knife.
- 9 1/2" slicing knife.
- Honing steel.
- Kitchen shears.
- 11-slot bamboo block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3" vegetable knife: 3"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.4 oz.
- 4" paring knife: 4"-long blade; 4 1/8"-long handle; 2.4 oz.
- 6 1/2" utility knife: 6 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/8"-long handle; 5.6 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7.68 oz.
- 9" bread knife: 9"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7.84 oz.
- 9 1/2" slicing knife: 9 1/2"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7.84 oz.
- Honing steel: 9"-long rod; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7.2 oz.
- Kitchen shears.
- 11-slot bamboo block: 12" x 6" x 8" high.
- Knives made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
To learn more about Shun cutlery care, sharpening, warranty sharpening policy and shipping instructions, click here