Shun Kaji 9" Hollow-Ground Slicer
SlicerExclusive Internet Only
Made exclusively for us in Japan, this versatile knife by Shun is useful for cutting meats, vegetables, cheeses or fruits, as well as slicing through sandwiches. Hollow-ground indentations on the blade reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Blade is constructed with a core of SG-2 powdered steel clad in a true Damascus layer of forged nickel and stainless steel.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade's construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Long, slender blade is hollow ground with indentations that keep slices from sticking.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 9"-long blade.
- 5 1/4"-long handle.
- 8 oz.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.