Shun Kaji Double Hollow-Ground Sumo Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Crafted in Japan exclusively for Williams-Sonoma, our premium Kaji line features strong, razor-sharp blades that merge new technology and centuries-old handcrafting traditions. The sumo santoku blade’s extra heft gives it plenty of cutting power for larger jobs.
- The double-wide blade and added weight of this blade give it the focused power to tackle larger jobs than a standard Santoku. Dual rows of hollow grounds shed large slices from the blade and the extra width is great for scooping up bits from the cutting board.
- Blade is constructed with a core of SG-2 powdered steel clad in a true Damascus layer of forged nickel and stainless steel.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blade’s construction creates a super-sharp cutting edge.
- Handle is made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.