Shun Kaji 8-Piece Knife Block Set
Named for the blacksmith’s forge, the Kaji series was developed by Shun’s master knife makers exclusively for Williams-Sonoma. Combining ancient Damascus-steel and clad-construction techniques, this set makes an excellent introduction to the Kaji series.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Bamboo storage block has 12 slots.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
8-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2” paring knife.
- 6” tomato knife.
- 6 3/4” hollow-ground santoku.
- 8” chef’s knife.
- 9” bread knife.
- 9” hollow-ground carving knife.
- 9” honing steel.
- 12-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 6” tomato knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- 6 3/4” hollow-ground santoku: 6 3/4”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- 9” hollow-ground carving knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8 oz.
- 9” honing steel: 9”-long rod; 5”-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your straight-edge knives at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Sharpen your serrated knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
- Warranty Information
To learn more about Shun cutlery care, sharpening, warranty sharpening policy and shipping instructions, click here