Shun Kaji 11-Piece Knife Block Set
- Special Offer
For ambitious cooks, this set makes an excellent introduction to the Kaji cutlery series developed exclusively for us by Shun. The process of forging the blades combines ancient Damascus and clad construction techniques.
- 65-layer blade features a premium SG-2 powdered steel cutting core clad in 64 layers of forged nickel/stainless steel Damascus.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, the blades’ construction creates a supersharp cutting edge.
- Handles are made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused PakkaWood, shaped for comfort and control.
- These NSF-certified knives meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Cherrywood storage block has 22 slots.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
11-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2” and 4 1/2” paring knives.
- 6” boning knife.
- 6” serrated utility knife.
- 6” and 8” chef’s knives.
- 7” hollow-ground santoku.
- 9” bread knife.
- 9 1/2” hollow-ground slicing knife.
- 9” honing steel.
- 22-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2” paring knife: 3 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.2 oz.
- 4 1/2” paring knife: 4 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 3.5 oz.
- 6” boning knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 6 oz.
- 6” serrated utility knife: 6”-long blade; 4 3/4”-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 6” chef’s knife: 6”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 6.2 oz.
- 7” hollow-ground santoku: 7”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.2 oz.
- 8” chef’s knife: 8”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 8.8 oz.
- 9” bread knife: 9”-long blade; 5 1/2”-long handle; 7.8 oz.
- 9 1/2” hollow-ground slicing knife: 9 1/2”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 8 oz.
- 9” honing steel: 9”-long rod; 5”-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- Knives are made in Japan.
- Block and honing steel made in China.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing once a week, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener designed to sharpen at a 16-degree angle, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.