Shiitake Mushroom Log
- Online Only
Savor the rich, meaty flavor and delicate texture of homegrown shiitake mushrooms. Grow them indoors or outdoors with little effort and no mess using our hand-cut hardwood log, which is inoculated with spores that produce a crop of organic shiitake mushrooms every two to three months for possibly two to three years. Simply soak the log in water to start the growing process, and you’ll be ready to harvest in just a few weeks. Shiitake mushrooms are delicious in everything from stir-fries and soups to pasta dishes and stews.
- Logs are hand-cut and inoculated with shiitake mushroom spores in visible drill holes that are covered in cheese wax.
- Logs can be stood upright or laid horizontally for growing.
- Metal plaque on underside of log states date of inoculation.
- Fruiting occurs approximately sixteen weeks from inoculation.
- You can start the growing process and enjoy your first crop within a few weeks of delivery.
- Just soak the log for 24 hours in cold water, mist it occasionally, and watch your crop emerge.
- 12" long, approx. 3"–6" diam.
- 4–7 lb.
- Product of 2funguys USA.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment to CA.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy
Also in this Collection
Oyster Mushroom Log
- Online Only