J.K. Adams Maple Reversible Carving Boards
Crafted by J.K. Adams Co. of Vermont, this remarkable board features an indentation to keep meat securely in place for carving. The reverse flat side is excellent for chopping tasks.
- Crafted from sustainably harvested North American maple, durable enough to withstand daily use yet gentle on knife edges.
- One side has an indentation to secure meat for carving; reverse side is flat for chopping.
- Both sides have a 1/2"-wide channel around the edge for catching juices.
- Made by the venerable J.K. Adams Co. of Vermont, specialists in finely made wooden kitchen wares.
- Medium: 20" x 14"; 1 1/4" thick; 6 lb. 8 oz.
- Large: 24" x 16"; 1 1/4" thick; 9 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.