Halloween Slice and Bake Cookies
Chef Jamie Cantor and her team at L.A.'s Platine Bakery use all-natural ingredients to make these ready-to-bake logs of dough, which yield buttery shortbread. A fun, easy project to do with the kids – without any prep or mess to clean up. All you have to do is slice, bake and serve. Our assortment includes three types of sumptuously sweet cookies for a Halloween fete:
Orange Sanding Sugar: Rich, buttery and not too sweet, made with real vanilla bean and rolled in sparkling orange sanding sugar for a fine crunch and subtle sweetness.
Orange and Black Nonpareils: The same buttery crumble, but coated with black and orange nonpareils for a more dramatic presentation and sturdier crunch.
Candy Corn: Cut this rectangular log into triangles across the stripes to produce cookies that resemble the classic Halloween candy.
- One log of nonpareil and sanding sugar dough, two slabs of candy corn dough.
- 1 lb. 8 oz. total.
- Each flavor makes 24-28 cookies, depending on thickness of slices.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cookie dough ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please be careful not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the outer packaging and store the bags of cookie dough in the freezer until ready to bake. The dough will keep up to 1 month frozen.
- Keep the dough frozen until ready to bake.
- Position one rack in the upper third and one rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat to 350°F. Line several baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Remove the dough logs from the freezer and remove the packaging. Let stand for 15 to 30 minutes before slicing. Trim the ends of the logs to create a flat edge. Cut the dough into rounds about 1/4" thick and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing the rounds evenly. For the candy corn dough, cut the rectangular log into triangles – across the stripes. Space evenly on the sheet to bake.
- Bake the cookies, two sheets at a time, until light golden brown underneath and on the edges, about 11 to 13 minutes. Rotate the baking sheets from top to bottom and 180 degrees halfway through baking. Transfer the baking sheets to wire racks and let the cookies cool completely on the sheets.
- Orange Sanding Sugar: Butter, wheat flour enriched (niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), powdered sugar, vanilla (sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener), salt, sanding sugar, artificial color.
- Orange and Black Nonpareils: Butter, wheat flour enriched (niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), powdered sugar, vanilla (sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener), salt, nonpareils, artificial color.
- Candy Corn: Butter, wheat flour enriched (niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), powdered sugar, vanilla (sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener), salt, artificial Color.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.