Platine Bakery Crème Brûlée, Set of 6
- Online Only
Chef Jamie Cantor makes it easy to serve a rich, velvety crème brûlée with a crisp, glossy caramelized topping that shatters at the touch of a spoon. To create these individual desserts, Jamie uses the same premium ingredients she does at L.A's Platine Bakery, including fresh cream and the best vanilla. For an authentic finishing touch, she's included a packet of sugar for you to sprinkle on top, then caramelize with a kitchen torch or your oven's broiler. Each handcrafted crème brûlée arrives in a reusable glass jar.
- Six 3 1/2-oz. glass jars (serves 6).
- Shipped chilled.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The crème brûlée ships cold with ice packs. Upon receipt, freeze to enjoy at a later date or place in the refrigerator. Unopened, the crème brûlée will keep up to 1 month frozen, up to 1 week refrigerated or up to 24 hours after caramelization.
- To thaw, place in the refrigerator overnight before caramelizing.
- Broiler Method: Sprinkle the top of each crème brûlée evenly with 1 tsp. sugar, covering the entire surface. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and place on the top rack of the oven. Turn the broiler to high and broil for 7 minutes, rotating the baking sheet every 2 to 3 minutes until all the sugar has caramelized in an even, dark golden brown color. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Kitchen Torch Method: Sprinkle the top of each crème brûlée evenly with 1 tsp. sugar, covering the entire surface. Light a kitchen torch and lower the flame to medium-low according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use a circular motion to continuously cook the sugar, moving away from spots when they get too hot (don’t allow the custard underneath to burn). Continue until all the sugar has caramelized in an even, dark golden brown color. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Heavy cream, pasteurized egg yolks, sugar, vanilla (sugar, water, vanilla extract, vanilla bean, gum tragacanth (a natural thickener).
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Also in this Collection
Platine Bakery Pumpkin Crème Brûlée, Set of 6
- Online Only