- Free Shipping
The mortar and pestle carved from volcanic rock is among the world's oldest kitchen tools. Our molcajete (mortar) and tejolete (pestle) are hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock, making each piece unique.
- Ideal for crushing whole spices.
- Great for serving guacamole.
- Line with lettuce leaves to use as a serving bowl.
- Hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock.
- Rough interior texture of bowl helps grind ingredients.
- Heavy pestle does work for you.
- No two are exactly alike.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Mortar: 8" diam., 4 1/4" high.
- Pestle: 3 1/2" long.
- Made in Mexico.
- Use & Care
- Season the mortar before first use: grind raw rice inside the bowl until the rice turns gray; empty and repeat until the rice no longer turns gray; rinse with water and scrub with a brush.
- Always place the molcajete on top of a cloth to avoid scratching the surface of your table or countertop.
- Avoid drastic changes in temperature.
- Hand-wash with running water, dish soap and a brush. Dry thoroughly.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.