- Free Shipping
The mortar and pestle carved from volcanic rock is among the world's oldest kitchen tools. Our molcajete (mortar) and tejolete (pestle) are hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock, making each piece unique.
- Ideal for crushing whole spices.
- Great for serving guacamole.
- Line with lettuce leaves to use as a serving bowl.
- Hand carved from a single piece of basalt rock.
- Rough interior texture of bowl helps grind ingredients.
- Heavy pestle does work for you.
- No two are exactly alike.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Mortar: 8" diam., 4 1/4" high.
- Pestle: 3 1/2" long.
- Made in Mexico.
- Use & Care
- Season the mortar before first use: grind raw rice inside the bowl until the rice turns gray; empty and repeat until the rice no longer turns gray; rinse with water and scrub with a brush.
- Always place the molcajete on top of a cloth to avoid scratching the surface of your table or countertop.
- Avoid drastic changes in temperature.
- Hand-wash with running water, dish soap and a brush. Dry thoroughly.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.