Michael Voltaggio's Favorite Spices
We asked chef Michael Voltaggio to select six of his favorite seasonings from our premium spice collection. Each spice is prepared for us by a family-run artisanal spice company in Napa Valley.
- Six of Michael Voltaggio’s favorite spices from our premium spice collection.
- Sumac: classic Middle Eastern seasoning with pleasantly fruity, tangy flavor; 1.8 oz. Product of Turkey.
- Garam masala: classic Indian seasoning adds warm, spicy sweetness to curries and grilled meats; 1.6 oz. Made in USA of imported ingredients.
- Extra-fine French grey sea salt: unrefined salt with a bold, briny taste that stands up to richly flavored foods; 3.1 oz. Product of France.
- Madras curry powder: traditional blend of Indian flavors enhances any curry dish; 1.8 oz. Made in USA of imported ingredients.
- Vadouvan curry powder: mild, delicately spicy Indian blend enlivened with shallots and especially well suited to chicken, shellfish and vegetable curries; 1.7 oz. Made in USA of imported ingredients.
- Tagine spice: traditional Moroccan blend enhances tagines and stews with the rich, spicy flavors of paprika, ginger, turmeric and black pepper; 1.5 oz. Made in USA of imported ingredients.
- Includes wooden caddy.
- Spice Caddy: 18 1/4" x 2 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- Made in China.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Sumac: Sumac seed.
- Garam masala: Coriander, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, cumin, black and green cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, nutmeg.
- Extra-fine French grey sea salt: French grey sea salt.
- Madras curry powder: Cumin, coriander, yellow mustard, fenugreek, cardamom, turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper.
- Vadouvan curry powder: Garlic, shallots, curry leaves, onion, coriander, cumin, fenugreek, turmeric, black pepper, cardamom, cayenne pepper.
- Tagine spice: Paprika, black pepper, ginger and turmeric.