Mauviel Hammered Copper Champagne Bucket
- Online Only
An elegant choice for entertaining, this vessel keeps two bottles of Champagne or wine chilling side by side.
- Hand-hammered copper body is polished to a gleaming finish.
- Lined with tin and fitted with a stainless-steel insert to hold two bottles upright.
- Decorative bronze handles.
- Crafted in France by family-owned Mauviel, famous for fine copper wares since 1830.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10 1/2" x 6 3/4" x 8" high.
- 7-qt. cap.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Hand-wash. Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.
You May Also Need
Bar Keepers Friend
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cajunbrew from The BEST wine chiller Unless you are fortunate enough to have been handed down a solid silver wine bucket, this Mauviel version is the very best you can own. Solid silver is the best conductor of heat or cold, but right next to it is copper. Copper, for instance, has 10 times greater conductivity than stainless steel. Put some ice cubes in the inset, a glass of water over it and ... voila! you are all set for the party. The inset, of course, keeps ice from getting underneath the bottles which usually gets in the way when you try to put the bottle back. As far as eye appeal, there is nothing in the market that can outshine this one either. Beware of imitations made of "decor" copper and stay away from dubious ones that just say "copper" without telling you that it is nothing but copper coated metal. My Mauviel chiller will be around long after I'm gone and it is warranted for life. It is pricey but, hey, you only live once.Date published: 2012-12-01