Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Mauviel Copper Beating Bowl
More than simply beautiful, copper is considered the best performing of culinary materials. Professional chefs use unlined copper bowl like this one to whip egg whites to frothy peaks. Copper is the ideal material for this task as it reacts naturally (and harmlessly) with the whites, making them more stable when beaten so they almost triple in volume.
- Handcrafted of solid unlined copper.
- Round-bottomed shape promotes vigorous, thorough mixing.
- Rolled rim is reinforced for extra strength.
- Riveted brass handle affords a good grip and doubles as a loop for hanging the bowl when it's not in use.
- Optional chromed-iron stand (sold separately) creates a stable base for whipping ingredients from any angle.
- Made in France by Mauviel, founded in 1830.
- Use & Care
- Hand wash in warm soapy water. Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Never use abrasive cleaning products or scouring pads.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- More about Mauviel
In 1830, Ernest Mauviel established his namesake cookware company in Villedieu-les-Poêles in Normandy. The village had a long history of outstanding metalwork; the locals were considered experts in the craft. Today, much of the manufacturing is still done by hand using traditional processes passed down through generations of copper makers. True to France’s rich culinary history, Mauviel 1830 is a favorite in professional kitchens, where copper’s quick, even heat conductivity is essential for making delicate sauces and other French classics. Mauviel now also offers stainless-steel collections crafted with the same attention to detail as its traditional copper cookware.