Kikuichi Sujihiki Gold Slicing Knife
The Kikuichi history of fine craftsmanship dates back to 12th century Japan, when an ancestor became a swordsmith for the emperor, marking each sword with the monarch’s chrysanthemum symbol. Today this proud tradition of metalwork continues with beautiful cutlery etched with this enduring emblem. Handcrafted in Japan, the long, slender sujihiki (slicing) knife is a favorite for slicing meats and fish.
- Blade features a core of ultrahard VG-10 high-carbon steel that holds a super-sharp, long-lasting edge.
- Clad with a layer of SUS410 stainless steel for rust resistance and easy sharpening.
- Knife combines a Western-style handle with the thinness, lightness and ultra-sharpness of a Japanese blade.
- Double-bevel edge allows for both right- and left-handed use.
- Compressed wood handle features triple rivets for optimal balance and durability.
- 9 1/4" blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 8 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a waterstone or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.