Kikuichi Hammered Chef's Knife
The Kikuichi history of fine craftsmanship dates back to 12th century Japan, when an ancestor became a swordsmith for the emperor, marking each sword with the monarch’s chrysanthemum symbol. Today this proud tradition of metalwork continues with beautiful cutlery etched with this enduring emblem. Handcrafted in Japan, their chef’s knife has the power and precision you need for slicing, chopping, mincing and dicing.
- Damascus-style blade is forged from 16 layers of incredibly dense VG-10 “super steel” to provide precise control while maintaining a razor-sharp edge.
- The handsome dimpled pattern (“tsuchime” in Japanese) helps the blade glide easily through food without sticking.
- Tsuchime pattern is hand-hammered, then heat-tempered, making each blade unique.
- Traditional wooden handle is triple-riveted to guarantee optimal balance and control.
- 9 1/2" knife: 9 1/2"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 8 1/2" knife: 8 1/2"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 6" knife: 6"-long blade, 4 1/2"-long handle; 7 oz.
- Made in Japan.
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a waterstone or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.