Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Kikuichi Gyuto Gold Chef's Knife
The Kikuichi history of fine craftsmanship dates back to 12th century Japan, when an ancestor became a swordsmith for the emperor, marking each sword with the monarch’s chrysanthemum symbol. Today this proud tradition of metalwork continues with beautiful cutlery etched with this enduring emblem. Handcrafted in Japan, this gyuto knife (chef's knife) is ideal for extended chopping tasks without hand fatigue. Put it to work every day for all-purpose slicing, mincing and dicing.
- Blade features a core of ultrahard VG-10 high-carbon steel that holds a super-sharp, long-lasting edge.
- Clad with a layer of SUS410 stainless steel for rust resistance and easy sharpening.
- Knife combines a Western-style handle with the thinness, lightness and ultra-sharpness of a Japanese blade.
- Double-bevel edge allows for both right- and left-handed use.
- Compressed wood handle features triple rivets for optimal balance and durability.
- 7" chef's knife: 7" blade, 4 3/4"-long handle; 7 oz.
- 9 1/2" chef's knife: 9 1/2" blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 9 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a waterstone or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery