Ken Onion Rain Bread Knife
The award-winning Rain cutlery collection showcases the iconic design ingenuity of world-renowned American knifemaker Ken Onion. Each customized for a specific kitchen task, high-carbon stainless-steel blades are distinguished by a textured raindrop pattern that allows knives to glide effortlessly through food. Ergonomic handles, constructed of military-grade G-10 Garolite, are precision-shaped to ensure the knife's peak performance at its intended task—and feel exceptionally comfortable in your hand.
- This knife has a long, slender blade with a reverse-scallop edge that allows it to glide cleanly through baked goods without compressing or damaging them. Use it for slicing everything from crusty artisan loaves and delicate cakes to large fruits like melon or pineapple.
- Small notches on the top of the blade provide for increased stability of the index finger, allowing for more control when cutting large items.
- Razor-sharp blade is constructed of CTS-BDZ1 high-carbon stainless steel, a state-of-the-art alloy engineered for optimal strength, durability and performance.
- Blade is laser-cut to a tolerance of 1/10,000 of an inch to guarantee maximum precision.
- The textured raindrop pattern is produced using a proprietary process designed to reduce surface tension and drag by creating multiple air pockets—resulting in a stick-resistant blade that encourages effortless motion.
- Seamless handle is constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert material that is highly impervious to both heat and moisture.
- Custom-contoured handles enhance the speciﬁc performance task of each knife.
- Each knife's ergonomic drop-shaped handle combines a "control bump" with indentations designed to perfectly fit your fingers—ensuring the safest, most efficient and comfortable grip, while reducing forearm stress and increasing stability.
- Named "Kitchen Knife of the Year" at the 2013 Blade Show.
- From Chef Works, every knife in the Ken Onion Rain Series is proudly made in the USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6.2 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery