Consigli Olivewood Bread Knife
- Online Only
The town of Scarperia has been a center of Italian knife-making since the 18th century. Consigli has maintained the traditional, artisanal methods of oil tempering and quenching their blades to produce the finest knives. This knife's serrated blade excels for slicing through crusty loaves.
- Serrated stainless-steel blade with triple-riveted olivewood handle.
- Full tang and bolster forged using artisanal methods.
- Olivewood handle is dried and oiled for maximum durability.
- 9" blade; 5" handle; 5.75 oz.
- Made in Italy.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Clean blade with damp cloth, dry carefully, and cover in a very thin layer of oil.
- Avoid getting the handle wet. Treat periodically with a soft cloth soaked with olive oil or beeswax.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.