DIY Goat/Chevre Cheese-Making Kit
Take pride in crafting your own fresh, natural goat cheese (chèvre) with a light, creamy texture and delicate tangy flavor that far surpasses any of the mass-produced store-bought varieties. You supply fresh milk and a few basic kitchen utensils—our kit contains everything else you need to make the cheese in less than an hour. Use the included molds to shape your cheese, or hand roll into small logs and cover with chopped herbs. Enjoy the cheese as an appetizer, fresh or baked, with a selection of fruit and artisan bread, or try it in your favorite recipes, from salads, pastas and pizza to savory tarts, frittatas and panini.
- Uses 2 quarts per batch of goat’s milk, available at many grocery and health food stores.
- Makes ten batches of fresh, tangy goat cheese (chèvre), 4–6 oz. each.
- All-natural ingredients; contains no preservatives or chemicals.
- Step-by-step instructions guide you through the cheese-making process.
- Customize your cheese with herbs, spices, sun-dried tomatoes, red pepper flakes and other flavorful additions.
- Recipes included.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- 4 oz. citric acid.
- 3 oz. cheese salt.
- Cooking thermometer.
- Fine cheesecloth.
- 2 food-grade polypropylene cheese molds.
- Instruction/recipe book.
- Use & Care
- Cheesecloth must be hand rinsed in cold water immediately after use; wash thereafter with kitchen towels.
- Hand-wash thermometer; do not submerge.
- Molds are dishwasher safe.
Next Day Delivery
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.