Boos Reversible Carving Board, Walnut
This beautiful board is designed to ensure a perfectly stable work surface – no matter how vigorously you're chopping. A wooden lip on either side of the board, attached with handsome dowels, anchors the piece securely on your countertop. One side of the board has a well to collect tasty meat juices.
- Crafted in the USA from sustainably harvested North American walnut.
- Edge-grain construction is gentle on knives – and stands up to years of slicing and chopping.
- Use the grooved side of the board for carving and the flat side for chopping.
- The handsome board is ideal for serving buffet-style foods from your countertop.
- Made by John Boos & Co., the leading manufacturer of butcher blocks and respected the commercial cooking industry since 1887.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 17 1/4" x 17 3/4" x 1 1/4" thick.
- 9 lb. 8 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.
Rated 3 out of 5 by reallypink from So beautiful BUT I received this and immediately oiled it as recommended. I had it for a little over a week and it CRACKED. You do not expect this from a BOO for so much money. I called Williams Sonoma and they immediately replaced it. I received it yesterday and I really hope I have good luck this time! I oiled it and-------------- Williams is so great to deal with. Love that store!Date published: 2016-10-28Rated 1 out of 5 by KMDDenver from Too expensive to CRACK after a few months This would be a 5 star review (the design is clever, the board is beautiful) but the board got a deep crack within months of having it. Now when using the carving board side, rather than the juices being caught by board, they seep and go all over the counter. Wrong for such an expensive board!Date published: 2016-05-29Rated 1 out of 5 by Hibsey from Beautiful but disappointing Was happy to receive beautiful board, but after a month, a deep crack 3" long developed on the edge of the board. Customer service sent a replacement. Careful to keep away from water and heat with the second board and a crack developed 2" inside from edge on replacement board. It's beautifully designed and seems solid, but there is something wrong with the design/product. Frustrating.Date published: 2015-01-26Rated 3 out of 5 by Debra2 from Have reservations about recommending This board is lovely, but I'm having some seam warping and splitting, which really makes it unsanitary when food gets in the cracks. I oiled it and thought I took good care of it. I still use, but put a plastic cutting board over it, if there is the least chance of moisture. I also have a problem with food sticking to it like glue. I have to scrape it off with a knife after I've used it….very strange.Date published: 2014-01-02Rated 5 out of 5 by Chad2014 from Awesome Board This cutting board is very user friendly: it hooks over your counter top and is very stable. I have two other Boos boards and while I love them for their versatility, this one is the best by far. I thought that I would prefer the flat side for most chopping and cutting tasks, but the grooved side totally rules as it catches everything from liquids to solids and I use it more than any flat surface cutting board I own.Date published: 2014-01-01Rated 5 out of 5 by OneShot from Outdoors Cooking This Boos Carving Board is the bomb. I've used and owned several cutting boards over the past 30+ years and never found the same quality. This is a kitchen tool that if you keep it well oiled, could potentially out last the owner and could be handed down to the next generation family chief.Date published: 2012-02-02