Bitters Making Kit
Bitters Making KitNEW Free Shipping Exclusive Internet Only
Bitters are an essential ingredient for converting cocktails from workaday to wonderful, adding complexity and depth of flavor. We’ve partnered with New York artisan distillery Dutch’s Spirits to create this kit that includes everything you need to make two types of craft bitters at home. Just follow the directions and in 15 days you’ll be rewarded with an aromatic infusion to enhance your own cocktails. You can also use the tools and your creativity to branch out and make endless variations.
- Kit includes premeasured botanicals for making Aromatic and Citrus bitters.
- Easy to use: Simply fill the infuser ball with the premeasured botanicals, place it the airtight swing-top glass jar, cover with vodka (not included) and seal for 10 days, swirling vigorously every day. On day 11, add bittering agent and seal for 2 more days, swirling vigorously every day. Remove infuser and you are ready to bottle your own bitters.
- Included bottles with droppers are ideal for dispensing small quantities of your homemade bitters for cocktails and other beverages.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Premeasured botanicals for making Aromatic [or Old Fashioned as in photo] and Citrus bitters.
- Packet of bittering agent.
- 750-ml.-cap. swing-top glass jar.
- Stainless-steel infuser ball.
- Two small bottles with droppers.
- Burlap bag.
- Small plastic funnel.
- Removable printed labels.
- Cocktail recipes.
- Remove contents from jar.
- Wash and dry jar, bitters bottles, funnel, and infuser ball.
Bittering (total time: 2 weeks):
- Unlatch and open infuser ball.
- Pour one large aromatic packet (either Citrus or Old Fashioned) into one half of the infuser. Close and latch shut.
- Unlatch and open jar.
- Place infuser at bottom of jar.
- Pour two cups of vodka into jar, or fill to just below neck of jar. Close and latch shut.
- Swirl contents gently for ten seconds once daily for ten days. Do not shake or invert jar.
- Store in a cool, dark place for ten days.
- On day eleven, open jar and remove infuser ball. Unlatch and open infuser ball, discarding botanicals. You may choose to press wet botanicals against bottom of mesh ball to extract excess liquid before discarding solids.
- Pour one small bittering agent packet into one half of the infuser. Close and latch shut.
- Place infuser back into jar.
- Pour one cup or remaining contents of 750 mL vodka bottle into jar, filling just below neck. Reserve empty vodka bottle.
- Swirl contents gently for ten seconds once daily for the next four days.
- On the fifth day (day fifteen of batch), open jar and remove infuser ball.
- Unlatch and open infuser ball, discarding botanicals. As before, you may choose to press wet botanicals against bottom of mesh ball to extract excess liquid before discarding solids.
- Unscrew dropper for small bitters bottle and set aside.
- Insert funnel into top of bottle. Pour bitters into bottle, filling to just below neck. Use a spouted measuring cup to avoid spills.
- Screw dropper back onto bitters bottle. Label using pre-printed or blank labels.
- You may keep remaining bitters in jar, or pour the remaining batch into previously used vodka bottle or other vessel using the funnel.
- Hand-wash all parts with dish soap and water.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.