Bastille Kitchen Island
Inspired by a French chateau kitchen, our Parisian designed island is tailored to today’s home cook. It's meticulously handcrafted using traditional tongue-and-groove and dovetail joinery. The top features a black granite inlay and removable cutting board, while a slide-out side table nearly doubles the workspace.
- Hand built from solid mahogany with maple, mahogany and cherry veneers.
- Distressed using a traditional French lacquer technique that results in a high-gloss finish and rich color.
- Double-sided with four dovetail constructed drawers, two cabinets and two brass towel bars, plus a wine rack and removable cutting board.
- Black granite inlay on top.
- Wine storage holds 12 bottles of wine or Champagne.
- Slide-out table extends your workspace or provides a place to sit; table slides smoothly on wooden glides.
- Closed cabinet with one adjustable shelf to store supplies.
- Removable birch wood cutting board is large and has a well to catch drippings. Brass handles allow for easy transport.
- Drawers are accented with antiqued brass drawer pulls.
- Levelers for uneven floors.
- This item is made to order.
- 6-8 week lead time.
- In-home delivery with White Glove service.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Solid kiln-dried mahogany frame topped with a solid mahogany top with a cherry veneer.
- Drawers are constructed of solid mahogany with maple veneer fronts.
- Topped with a black granite board top and North American yellow birch cutting board.
- Overall: 51" (extends to 72" long) x 27 1/2" x 36 1/2" high.
- Slide-out work table: 23" x 20 1/2” x 30” high.
- Cutting board: 22” x 14” x 1” thick; 8 lb.
- (2) Drawer interior: 12” x 9 1/2” x 2”h
- Wine cubbies: 4 “ x 4” x 12” deep.
- Distance between cabinet interior shelves: 8 1/2”.
- Leg height: 6”.
- Product weight: 183 lb.
- Island: Made in Indonesia.
- Cutting board: Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Protect furniture from direct sunlight, which can cause cracking and discoloration.
- Position the furniture away from vents, fireplaces and other heat sources.
- To clean, wipe the wood with a soft dry cloth.
- Blot spills immediately (rubbing will cause them to spread).
- Never use silicon or wax polishes that contain solvent.
- Over the counter cleaning products are not recommended.
- To protect the granite surface, use a cutting board when cutting or chopping.
- Always use protective mats under hot dishes to prevent thermal shock.
- Use coasters or trays under liquid vessels/containers to prevent staining.
- Wipe up spills and moisture immediately.
- Dust regularly to remove loose surface debris that can scratch the granite.
- To clean, wipe the stone with warm water and a few drops of mild dish soap. Use a clean microfiber cloth to wipe down surface thoroughly. Rinse the surface with clean water and a clean microfiber cloth.
- Hand wash only in warm soapy water; dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- To prevent scorching, do not place hot pots or baking dishes directly on the board.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow four to six weeks for delivery. Item arrives fully assembled and in one piece by our in-home White-Glove Delivery service. We'll call you in advance to schedule a delivery time, then bring the item into your home, unpack and inspect it, perform simple assembly and dispose of all packaging material. (Please note that outdoor grills are not unpacked and require owner assembly. Complete beds will be set up; headboards only will be unpacked, but not attached to existing bed frames.) Delivery is by appointment, Monday – Saturday; our delivery service will call to arrange a day. Available in the 48 contiguous states. Please call 877.812.6235 for additional assistance.
The charge for this White Glove Delivery service is included in the flat-rate delivery fee listed below the item's price, which includes all shipping charges for the item.
Our products are designed with your comfort and style in mind. Made-to-order items (as marked) are not returnable but may be cancelled only within 24 hours of order placement. We cannot accept cancellations or returns on monogrammed items. Should your item arrive damaged or with a defect, please contact us at 877.812.6235 within 7 days so that we may arrange for a replacement. Frames and springs are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for the product’s life, subject to the following conditions: warranty applies only to original owner and normal residential use. Defects resulting from negligence, abuse or use in a commercial, hospitality or other non-residential setting are not covered. For warranty service, call 877.812.6235.