- Chilewich Mini Basketweave Place Mat, Dill $14.50
- Chilewich Mini Basketweave Place Mat, Chambray $14.50
- Chilewich Place Mat, Mosaic Blue $15
- Chilewich Place Mat, Mosaic Grey $15
- Chilewich Basketweave Place Mats, Denim $14.50
- Chilewich Bamboo Place Mat, Teal $14.50
- Chilewich Multi-Stripe Place Mat $11.95
- Chilewich Bamboo Place Mats, Grey Flannel $14.50
- Chilewich Ribweave Place Mat, Pearl $16.50
- Chilewich Bamboo Place Mat, Chalk $14.50
- Chilewich Basketweave Place Mat, Oyster $14.50
- Chilewich Boucle Place Mat, Salt $16
- Chilewich Mini Basketweave Place Mat, Linen $14.50
- Chilewich Basketweave Place Mat, Khaki $14
- Chilewich Tempo Place Mat, Ivory $18
- Round Woven Place Mats, Set of 2 $9.95
- AERIN Round Hapao Place Mat $19.95
- White Wash Woven Hapao Round Place Mat $19.95
- Nito Place Mats $26.95
- Nito Square Place Mat $24.95
- Sandy Woven Place Mat $12.95
- Hatched Stripe Place Mats, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $51.95 Sale $35.99
- Vintage Floral Jacquard Place Mats, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $67.95 Sale $33.99 – $67.95
- Bloom Jacquard Place Mats, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $67.95 Sale $46.99
- Linen Double Hemstitch Place Mats, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $51.95 Sale $39.99 – $51.95
- Vine Floral Boutis Place Mats, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $59.95 Sale $53.99 – $59.95
- Paisley Jacquard Place Mats, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $67.95 Sale $47.99
- Iznik Hardmat $12.95
- Berry Meadow Place Mats, Set of 4 $59.95
- Provence Place Mats, Set of 4 $39.95
- Meyer Lemon Place Mats, Set of 4 $59.95
- Marseille Place Mats, Set of 4 $49.95
- Vintage Floral Jacquard Place Mats, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $67.95 Sale $33.99
A fully stocked kitchen can’t be without a collection of cloth napkins, tablecloths and other table linens. Not only are cloth napkins functional, they are an easy way to add color and style to your kitchen or dining table. Natural fibers and textures are an ideal way to complement the other items and accessories on a table too. Don’t skimp on your cloth napkin collection. Once you get started, you’ll be amazed at Williams-Sonoma’s wide array of seasonal and themed napkins to fit any occasion or decor.
Setting a distinctive table demands thought to the separate elements that work together to create the finished effect. Place settings may be one of the first things you think about when planning a special meal. With a wide array of choices, there is a place setting to match almost any style preference. Pair colorful cloth napkins with porcelain, stoneware and even melamine plates and bowls. Mix and match your place setting colors for an unexpected surprise. Vivid cloth napkins in solids, prints or patterns would be the perfect finishing touch to this energetic and memorable table setting.
Another important element to consider when setting a table is the functional and decorative napkin ring. Although napkin rings serve an important purpose to contain cloth napkins and keep them tidy on the table, they also lend a distinctive style to any table. Napkin rings can be formal in nature, featuring clean lines and no-nonsense materials such as silver-plating or marble. Napkin rings can also have a little more personality, injecting a seasonal or decorative flair into a table setting. Collect various napkin rings to go along with your cloth napkin collection to ensure that your tables always look interesting and coordinated.
It is important to have a cohesive design in table settings. The tablecloth you choose to pair with cloth napkins will pull the entire ensemble together with ease. Tablecloths are available in a variety of prints and colors to match virtually any place setting and cloth napkin choice. Choosing a tablecloth with bright colors will inject instant energy to a dinner table. Florals and geometric designs are an easy choice, and there are so many other table linens, place settings and glassware that coordinate with these bold prints. When striving for a more formal and understated effect, try a jacquard or linen tablecloth with double hemstitch around the border. These tablecloths are made to be used too, with machine washing and drying making them even softer for better draping.
A formal table would not be complete without charger plates. Imagine coordinating a bold charger plate with a distinctive cloth napkin for an unforgettable finished effect. Chargers are available in a wide array of styles, including hammered copper, sea grass, porcelain and melamine. Melamine chargers are even ideal for outdoor dining, enabling you to add an upscale touch to your patio or deck dining table. Monogrammed chargers are also available, showing off your initials in a beautiful script font. The combination of charger plates and cloth napkins wrapped in napkin rings can’t miss.
As you plan the serving of a meal, there are other ways to use cloth napkins. Pull the entire table together by using cloth napkins as liners and accents with baskets, bowls and trays. A basket makes a distinctive vessel for holding fresh breads, and a cloth napkin adds color when you use it to cover the bread. Lining a tray with a cloth napkin is a colorful touch when serving appetizers or beverages. Even a picnic basket stocked with outdoor dinnerware will be better if you tuck in a cloth napkin or two.