- Pillivuyt Plisse Charger Plate $34.95
- Pillivuyt Basketweave Charger Plate $34.95
- Pillivuyt Perle Charger Plate $30
- Pillivuyt Bamboo Charger Plate $34.95
- Pillivuyt Brasserie Charger Plate $69.95
- Bordalo Pinheiro Rua Nova Charger Plate $66
- Porto Embossed Charger Plate Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $14.99
- Ceriart White Coast Charger Plate $24.95
- Niderviller Henri IV Charger Plate $100
- Niderviller Berain Charger Plate $120
- Hammered Gold Charger Plate $29.95
- Silver Plated Charger Plate $29.95
- Hammered Copper Charger Plate $29.95
- Lenox Ruffled Accent Plate $28
- Caskata Arbor Rimmed Charger, Blue $50 – $60
- Bronze Hammered Charger Plate $19.95
- Dark Woven Hapao Round Charger Plate $22.95
- Nito Charger Plate $19.95
- Olivewood Charger Plate $49.95
- Woven Sea Grass Charger Plate $24.95
- Braided Abaca Charger Plate $9.95
- Valpeltro Pewter Charger Plate $75
- Christian Lacroix Sol Y Sombra Charger Plate $160
- Christian Lacroix Butterfly Parade Charger Plate $175
- Christian Lacroix Caribe Charger Plate $175
- Oscar De La Renta Coralina Charger Plate $110
- Blue Ming Charger Plate $105
- Transatlantica Charger Plate $138
- White Marble Charger Plate $42.95
- Rustic Outdoor Melamine Charger Plate Sugg. Price $14.95 Our Price $10.47
- Pickard Hellene Charger Plate $155 – $170
- Pickard Etrusca Charger Plate $155 – $170
- Pickard Color Sheen Charger Plate, Green Platinum $135 – $150
- Pickard Color Sheen Charger Plate, Red Platinum $135 – $150
- Pickard Color Sheen Charger Plate, Blue Platinum $135 – $150
- Pickard Color Sheen Charger Plate, Red Gold $135 – $150
- Pickard Color Sheen Charger Plate, Green Gold $135 – $150
- Pickard Color Sheen Charger Plate, Blue Gold $135 – $150
- Indigo Charger Plate Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $14.99
- Presidio Silver-Plated Charger Plate Sugg. Price $49.95 Sale $29.99
- Tiled Charger Plate, Palm Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $17.99
- Tiled Charger Plate, Caribbean Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $17.99
- Glow Outdoor Melamine Charger Plate, Turqoise Sugg. Price $12.95 Sale $5.99
- Pleated Outdoor Melamine Charger Plate Sugg. Price $14.95 Our Price $7.48
- Antique Brass Charger Plate $39.95
- Providence Wood Charger Plate Sugg. Price $19.95 Sale $14.99
- Autumn Plaid Charger Plate Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $11.99
- Autumn Vine Charger Plate $39.95
- Red Tartan Charger Plate $29.95
- Caskata Pointsettia Charger, Red $50
- Caskata Arbor Charger Plate, Gold $85
Show Off Your Table With Charger Plates
If you're looking for an easy way to make your table pop, try implementing charger plates to your decor. Simply slip under your functional dishes for a beautiful backdrop that gives that little bit of extra to your table setting. Check out Williams Sonoma's vast selection of these plates for any table and occasion.
What Are Charger Plates?
These special plates are used as an ornamental base to your regular dishes. Pleasing to the eye, these plates serve as part of the table's decor and are not meant for functional use, such as eating. They are a great addition to the table and allow for extra decoration, serving as an eye-catching accent for in-between courses. The charger plate sits underneath the biggest plate, which can then be topped with a salad plate and/or a soup bowl. It can also be a substitute for a placemat. Although these plates are commonly used for more formal table settings, they are making a comeback for all sorts of occasions and settings.
How to Choose
Charger plates come in many colors and materials, such as acrylic, stainless steel, faux wood, chrome, glass and porcelain and plates with decorative rims to resemble bamboo or basketweave. Here's a peek at some of the colors and materials available at Williams Sonoma.
- Gold Charger Plates. For an upscale touch, choose a gold charger plate. Made of plated gold stainless steel, this plate gives an air of elegance and simplicity to a more fancy dinner setting.
- Silver Charger Plates. Made with stainless steel, this simple, unadorned yet gleaming plate can be used for a more understated gathering for a modern table setting.
- Natural materials. Abaca fiber, traditional tight weave and woven seagrass styles add texture and a natural feel to the more casual table. Pair with colorful patterned napkins and rings for contrast.
- Decorative. If you want something a bit more whimsical, try a decorative piece, such as a Christian Lacroix designed butterfly plate with gold rim for the ultimate flight of fancy, or a classic blue Ming charger plate made with high-fired porcelain. Both can be beautifully matched with plain, solid-colored dinner plates.
Shop Williams Sonoma's vast collection of charger plates today. You'll find many styles, colors and materials that are sure to suit any mood and table decor. Undecided? Get more than one kind and provide the finishing touch to your table for any occasion.