- Williams Sonoma Fluted Gold-Rimmed Mini Loaf Pans, Set of 2 Sugg. Price $17.95 Sale $14.99
- Deluxe 8-Piece Cookie Set Sugg. Price $118 Sale $69.99
- American Girl™ by Williams Sonoma Lemonade Stand Kit Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $19.99
- American Girl™ by Williams Sonoma Pizza Set Sugg. Price $39.95 Sale $29.99
- Nordic Ware Ice Cream Cone Pan Sugg. Price $36 Sale $24.99
- Nordic Ware Train Cakelet Pan $36
- Nordic Ware Citrus Loaf Pan Sugg. Price $32 Sale $24.99
- Williams Sonoma Junior Chef Bakeware Set Sugg. Price $99.95 Sale $59.99
- Aluminum Tapered Rolling Pin Sugg. Price $45.95 Sale $29.99
- Williams Sonoma Round Cooling Rack Sugg. Price $19.95 – $24.95 Sale $19.95 – $19.99
- Williams Sonoma Cherry Piecrust Cutter Sugg. Price $19.95 Sale $15.99
- Star Lattice Pie Top-Crust Cutter Sugg. Price $19.95 Sale $15.99
- Americana Cookie Cutters on Ring Sugg. Price $9.95 Sale $7.99
- Emile Henry Ruffled Pie Dish Sugg. Price $49.95 Sale $39.99 – $49.95
- Emile Henry Mini Ruffled Pie Dish $29.95
- Emile Henry Ruffled Loaf Pan Sugg. Price $36.95 Sale $29.99 – $36.95
- Emile Henry Ruffled Rectangular Baker Sale $68 – $85
- Emile Henry Ruffled Square Baker Sugg. Price $55 Sale $44.99 – $55
Baking is definitely an art. You may often hear people say that they’re a good cook, but baking is not something they’re especially good at. A lot of the skill and precision that goes into baking is related to the tools and equipment you use. Through trial and error, many great bakers have learned that a recipe that calls for a springform pan really requires a springform pan, or a glass baking dish bakes much differently than a dark metal dish. With a little practice, anyone can learn to be good at baking and enjoy it, especially if they have the right bakeware at home. Professional cooking tools and accessories can get expensive, but with a bakeware sale, you have easy access to professional dishes and items to add to your kitchen’s ensemble, without hurting your budget. Shop Williams-Sonoma for durable bakeware that’s sure to heighten your joy of baking and make your desserts and dishes so much easier to create.
When it comes to bakeware, a lot depends on the dish’s construction. For example, ceramic baking dishes are popular with professional chefs because they’re excellent conductors of heat. If you’re making a loaf, for example, you need a loaf pan that’s going to cook your bread or loaf thoroughly and evenly, with no hot spots or spongy spots. Ceramic is a great material for thorough, even baking, and there are many ceramic choices when it comes to bakeware.
Opt for a ceramic muffin or cupcake pan, which allows you to bake cupcakes, muffins and other pastries evenly to perfection. Similar pans made out of the same ceramic construction include loaf pans and baking dishes. Ceramic bakers and baking pans work well for non-desserts too. These types of dishes are great for casseroles and even smaller main entrees you bake in the oven.
When it comes to bakeware, having the right tools is key as well. There are many different gadgets and tools that can make baking so much more seamless. You’ll often hear recipes call for a wire cooling rack, and this is an important addition to your baking collection. If you’re just beginning as a baker, there are several different bakeware sets available to help get you started out on the right foot, including one set especially made for cookies. These sets include helpful tools such as rolling pins, wire racks and measuring cups. A cookie baker’s set includes cookie cutters as well. A rolling pin is an absolute necessity, especially when you begin to branch out and make more pastries and breads. It’s perfect for rolling out dough for a pie crust, cookie dough and other assorted holiday treats.
If you plan on pies being one of your specialties, it’s good to have a few different types of pie plates and pie dishes on hand to make different types of pies. A standard pie dish works well for a two-crust or lattice pie, but if you want to try a fluted pie, opt for a ruffled pie dish that makes fluting that much easier. This is an excellent dish to help show off your skills at holidays and cocktail parties. Flute pies such as apple, cherry and even one-crust pies and quiches, once you get the hang of it.
Presentation is also important, so add some dessert and cake stands on hand for your tabletop. This is an elegant way to serve desserts you’ve worked so hard on. For other desserts, you may want to try a mold for an eclectic look. A stoneware mold is great for cranberry at holiday time, but its durable construction also lends itself well to cakes, breads and other decorated pastries.