- All Over Diamond Dhurrie Rug, 6x9', Navy Sugg. Price $895 – $1,795 Sale $799.99 – $1,599.99
- Hive Flatweave, Silver Mink/Angora Sugg. Price $695 – $1,395 Sale $629.99 – $1,249.99
- Hive Flatweave, Steeple Gray/Vapor Gray Sugg. Price $695 – $1,395 Sale $619.99 – $1,249.99
- Mini Stripe Flatweave Rug, Blue Sugg. Price $595 – $1,195 Sale $529.99 – $1,079.99
- Mini Stripe Flatweave Rug, Black Sugg. Price $595 – $1,195 Sale $529.99 – $1,079.99
- Mini Stripe Flatweave Rug, Caramel Sugg. Price $595 – $1,195 Sale $529.99 – $1,079.99
- Medallion Flatweave Rug, Black Sugg. Price $995 – $1,995 Sale $399.99 – $999.99
- Medallion Flatweave Rug, Blue Sugg. Price $995 – $1,995 Sale $399.99 – $999.99
- Medallion Flatweave Rug, Caramel Sugg. Price $995 – $1,995 Sale $399.99 – $999.99
- Variegated Links Flatweave Rug, Black Sugg. Price $995 – $1,995 Sale $499.99 – $999.99
- Variegated Links Flatweave Rug, Blue Sugg. Price $1,495 – $1,995 Sale $799.99 – $999.99
- Variegated Links Flatweave Rug, Caramel Sugg. Price $995 – $1,995 Sale $499.99 – $999.99
- Tetris Tile Flatweave Rug, 9x12', Grey Sugg. Price $595 – $1,195 Sale $299.99 – $699.99
- Spice Market Patchwork Rug, 6x9', Natural Sugg. Price $1,950 – $2,950 Sale $999.99 – $1,599.99
- Chenille And Cotton Hexagon Flatweave Rug Sugg. Price $1,495 – $2,995 Sale $599.99 – $1,599.99
- Hand Knotted Half Moon Rug, 6x9', Moss Sugg. Price $1,495 Sale $699.99
- Nantucket Stripe Natural Fiber Rug Sugg. Price $495 – $995 Sale $299.99 – $639.99
- Hand Woven Houndstooth Flatweave, 9x12', Gray Sugg. Price $895 – $1,195 Sale $499.99 – $699.99
- Hand Woven Houndstooth Flatweave, 9x12', Neutral Sugg. Price $595 – $1,195 Sale $299.99 – $699.99
- Geo Medallion Kilim Rug, 9x12', Neutral Sugg. Price $1,195 – $1,595 Sale $499.99 – $799.99
- Arrow Flatweave Rug, 8x10', Tan Sugg. Price $695 – $995 Sale $449.99 – $629.99
- Chevron Indoor/Outdoor Rug, 9x12', Gray Sugg. Price $795 Sale $559.99
- Basketweave Indoor/Outdoor Rug, 9x12', Gray Sugg. Price $795 Sale $559.99
You’ve furnished the rooms of your home and added your own personal style with your chosen decor. Now pull the look together with the addition of a rug in each one. Rugs add warmth, comfort underfoot, color and texture as well as practicality, so consider the style of the room and its usage as you choose a rug. At Williams-Sonoma, we have numerous rugs of all shapes, sizes, colors and textures to offer. You don’t need to worry about the added expense because our rugs sale gives you the perfect opportunity to select the ones you want without breaking the bank.
To begin choosing a rug, consider its size. In a large room, create a carpeted feel for warmth while still exposing the hardwood or marble flooring underneath. Do this with a large rug that falls short of the walls when placed in the center of the room. An alternative is to highlight different parts of the room using more than one rug. This opens the room into sections, and you can either match the rugs for consistency or go for different sizes and styles for contrast. In a living room, a small rug placed under a coffee table makes a feature of it. Your family can enjoy sitting in the cozy space playing a board game or catch up with friends while enjoying drinks. Place a medium size rug under a dining table and chairs. This accentuates the furniture in the dining area, making it a focal point of the room as well as providing a soft surface underfoot.
Having decided on the size, the color is an important decision too. Match it to the room’s decor and make sure it gives the right feel to the atmosphere you’re trying to achieve. For example, neutral tones in a study create a calm feeling and are not distracting when you’re trying to work. Bright, bold colors in your kid’s room, however, are fun. A small space benefits from a light colored rug as this can actually make the area appear to be bigger. A rug with a color block design is suited to a busy room while a patterned design looks great in a room with neutral decor. It breaks up the monotony and adds a splash of color and interest to the room. Match the design to specific elements of your room so that the colors or patterns complement the drapes, throws, decorative pillows or even your couch.
Now consider the pile thickness. In an entryway, where there is heavy footfall, you need a hardwearing thin rug to withstand the constant use. A woven sisal rug or seagrass rug are good choices in this instance. The material is durable and retains its look despite the heavy use. Add decorative appeal with a colored border and warmth with a knotted fringe. A kilim rug with a flat weave is ideal for this purpose. Provide comfort underfoot while you’re working at your desk in your home study. Be sure to choose a thin rug so that your desk chair doesn’t catch on it as you move around. A jute rug is a good suggestion as it has a thin pile. You want the complete opposite for your bedroom though as there’s nothing better than stepping out of bed and sinking your feet into a plush rug.
You don’t need to stick to standard square or rectangular designs. A circular rug under an item of furniture attracts the eye immediately, and a faux animal skin rug design adds interest to a room. A decorative fringe of tassels makes straight edges look softer and adds texture to a space.
Make sure the outdoor areas aren’t neglected too. Some rugs are suitable for use outside, and this means you can create the feel of an extra room on your patio or decking. This is great for warm evenings when family and friends get together to enjoy an outdoor meal and entertainment.
Keep your rugs looking good as new with some handy tips. Rotate them occasionally if placed near a window so that the natural light doesn’t cause fading to one side. This keeps the overall tone consistent. A reversible design lets you flip it over to even out the wear and tear. Keep the rug fibers clean by blotting spillages as soon as they occur.