The Complete Guide to
Choosing a Sofa
A sofa defines the look and feel of your most-loved living spaces, which is why each of our sofas are
made by expert craftsmen using exceptional materials for comfort and style. When selecting a new sofa,
first decide where it will be placed – the formal living room, high-traffic family room, perhaps an entryway
or bedroom – then, customize it with the options below to discover your perfect match.
The most important thing is to find a sofa that suits
your space, and that all begins with size.
Settees & Loveseats
Settees and loveseats are designed to bear a
minimal footprint. They’re ideal for small spaces,
such as an entry, bedroom, nook and wherever the
high comforts of a sofa are desired without taking
up too much square footage.
The welcoming styles of our smallest sofas are ideal
for compact floor plans and traditional conversation
areas. A classic sofa is up to 76" long.
The deep-seated comfort and scaled design of
our long sofas provide enduring style for larger
living rooms and open floor plans. These
contemporary and traditional-style sofas are
up to 89" long.
Great rooms and spacious floor plans benefit from
the versatility of modular units that can be
rearranged to maximize comfort. Our sectionals are
the optimal choice for transitioning large rooms into
cozy spaces that encourage conversation and
entertaining just as much as relaxing.
We offer a range of smooth, classic fabrics to tactile, texturally rich ones that appeal to every lifestyle and
uphold functionality wonderfully. To choose the sofa fabric that best suits your lifestyle and room’s design
sensibility, determine whether your sofa will endure the effects of high traffic or be placed in a more formal
living area. Order custom swatches to find the fabric that’s right for your space.
Cool, soft and comfortable, cotton takes dyes
easily and wears beautifully, which makes it ideal
for prints and yarn-dyed weaves. If you’re looking
for textural depth in a more casual fabric, cotton
holds up remarkably well and layers with a mix of
rich palettes with utmost ease.
Exceptionally strong and durable, linen offers a
smooth feel and an elegant finish. Naturally
lustrous thanks to the wax content of the flax fibers,
linen is a lint-free fabric that looks equally
beautiful natural and in our classic colors.
Sumptuous velvet, wools and mohair fabrics give
furniture a naturally luxurious look and feel.
Naturally resilient and strong, our mohair comes
from angora goats, and our woolens and velvets
are loomed from the highest-quality yarns.
Natural & Faux Suede
For classic beauty and rich texture, we offer exclusive pieces upholstered with the finest natural suede.
We've also combined beauty and technology to
create a superior faux suede fabric. With a lush,
inviting texture, the nap provides natural shading and highlights – yet the high-performance fabric is
durable, stain-resistant and easy to care for.
The rich hues and supple textures of our polished
leathers reflect a distinctive combination of intense
color and soft warmth. The leather is meticulously
finished, which give it both a smooth feel and
impressive wear. Our specialty leather is supremely
durable, making it ideal for high-traffic areas.
Our performance fabrics stand up to the rigors of
everyday living, durable enough for the outdoors and
just as beautiful as the finest indoor textiles. Available
in canvas, linen blends and specialty Sunbrella
fabrics, these extraordinary upholstery options are
easy to care for and ideal for the outdoors.
Pick the Ideal Sofa
Sofa Comfort Guide
Standard Seat Cushion
- High-resiliency foam cores are wrapped with double-layer polyester filling.
- This firmer seat provides extra support and requires less maintenance than any other option.
Down Seat Cushion
- Down-blend cushions feature foam cores wrapped with premium down.
- This loftier seat provides a luxurious feel, extra comfort
and requires regular maintenance and upkeep.
- To optimize overall comfort, think about your height requirements and your individual or family’s needs.
- Taller individuals may benefit from high seat backs, which also provide lean-back comfort to all.
- Less room for lean-back comfort, these sofas are more suitable for formal living spaces, entryways and for occasional use.
- Generally, the low profile lends modern appeal and creates a more open, airy feel throughout the space.
- Ideal for smaller spaces or an easy transition, seats with minimal depth take up less room.
- These pieces are perfect for maximizing living space, or adding seating to bedrooms, entryways or home offices.
- Larger spaces can accommodate sofas with deep seats, such as sectionals, which are more versatile in style and spacious enough for plush pillows and throws.
- Primed for comfort, deeper seats offer a more relaxed, sink-in feel that’s great for family rooms and high-traffic areas.
When it comes to considering the finer points of our sofa designs and the advantages of each
one, it’s all about personal space. Does your home’s style call for a tufted back over loose seat
cushions? Do you prefer spacious square arms or gently scooped ones? Block feet lend a
modern look while turned casters echo antique elegance. Discover your style options to create
the perfect sofa for a successful living space.