- Metal Frame Hurricane $129 – $179
- Disc Hurricane $79 – $179
- Crystal Block Pillar Holder $295 – $395
- AERIN Wicker Hurricane $195
- AERIN Confetti Glass Votive Holder, Set of 3, Blue $75
- AERIN Confetti Glass Votive Holder, Set of 3, White $75
- Sculptural Candleholder $95
- Brass Palm Taper Holder $99
- Brass Palm Hurricane $199
- Chinoiserie Ceramic Taper Holders $40
- Floating Geo Hurricane, Polished Nickel $350
- Floating Geo Hurricane, Antique Brass $350
- Crystal Block Taper Holder, Clear $50 – $95
- Faceted Crystal Pillar Candle Holder $450 – $550
- Larnaca Outdoor Teak Lantern $175 – $225
- X Base Hurricane $150
- Rock Crystal Votive Holder $360
- Scallop Shell Hurricane $195
- Iron Taper Holder Sugg. Price $65 – $75 Sale $49.99 – $59.99
- AERIN Round Brass Taper Holder Sugg. Price $50 Sale $39.99
- AERIN Double Scallop Taper Holders Sugg. Price $35 – $75 Sale $29.99 – $59.99
- Crystal Votive Holders, Set of 3 $99
- Jade Ceramic Base Hurricane, Large Sugg. Price $125 Sale $84.99
- Figured Maple and Nickel Hurricane Square Sugg. Price $175 Sale $119.99
- Bamboo Hurricane, Polished Nickel Sugg. Price $195 Sale $129.99
- Bamboo Hurricane, Antique Brass Sugg. Price $195 Sale $129.99
- Metal and Acrylic Hurricane Sugg. Price $150 – $250 Sale $63.99 – $125.99
- Bridgehampton Outdoor Lantern Sugg. Price $125 – $175 Sale $56.99 – $90.99
- Alabaster Tsuzumi Pillar Holder Sugg. Price $175 – $250 Sale $99.99 – $109.99
- Alabaster Block Pillar Holder Sugg. Price $225 – $275 Sale $144.99 – $181.99
- Crystal Block Pillar Holder, Black Sugg. Price $395 Sale $178.99
- Cluster Taper Holder, Antique Brass Sugg. Price $195 – $250 Sale $73.99 – $118.99
- Cluster Taper Holder, Polished Nickel Sugg. Price $195 – $250 Sale $73.99 – $118.99
Like a beautiful chandelier or an elegant vase, decorating with the candle holders you love can add an extra-special touch to any room in your house. From the dining table to your home’s entryway, the decorative candle holders we have at Williams Sonoma add just the right amount of decorative finesse to your living space.
Choosing the Right Candle Holder
You may be looking for a particular candle holder to hold a specific type of candle. Fortunately, these accessories come in a wide range of styles and materials to fit into any space you’re designing or redecorating. In this case, it’s helpful to pay careful attention to the listed dimensions and mentions of the type of candles the holder holds. Look for information about candle diameters to find the right match for the candle type you want to use. Taper candles are the tall, thin candles that most people associate with formal dining room lighting on a table or sideboard or as part of a larger centerpiece. These tend to go in tall candlesticks so they can illuminate larger areas, and you often don’t need to use other lighting to create a more romantic ambience with tapers. Votives and block candles are shorter and wider, and they’re ideal for casting a soft glow in any space, whether that’s a cozy corner or a sturdy mantel. You can build upon this glow by grouping multiple candles in one space. You can also find candle holders that are compatible with tealights, which are some of the smallest and shortest candles available. Like votives, tealights work well when you use them as accent lighting.
It’s also important to think about design as you choose your candles and holders. You may want to look for candle holders that are in a similar style and color to other elements in the room where you intend to place them. For example, if most of the metallics you have in your living room have a shiny brass finish, brass candle holders might be a better choice than nickel if you want to keep things cohesive. If you want to go for a mixed-metal look, however, include a few of each color in your candle holder vignette – some mixing and matching can be effective at enlivening your space even more. The candle holders you choose can be a nice pop of decorative contrast to add visual interest. Think about whether your space has enough variety or if you want a little more. This can guide your decision.
Placing and Arranging Candle holders
The physical appearance of your candle holders doesn’t end with design. You can make a more dramatic decorative impact with your candles by grouping multiple different candle holders together and arranging them among your other decorative objects. If you choose to group multiple candle holders together, it’s a good idea to pick out a few different heights to create some dimension in the arrangement. Many of the candle holder sets we offer come in multiple sizes to allow for exactly this kind of arrangement, making it easy to get the look you love.
If you’re building your decorative vignettes from scratch and want something to mix in with your candle holders, browse our other home decor accessories. Vases, jars, picture frames and other home accents can all coexist beautifully on a tabletop or shelf to enhance the overall beauty and sophistication of your living space.