- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Porterhouse Steak Knives in Wood Box, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $180 Our Price $99.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro 4-Piece Knife Set Sugg. Price $400 Our Price $199.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional "S" 4-Piece Steak Knife Set Sugg. Price $400 Our Price $199.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star II 4-Piece Steak Knife Set Sugg. Price $380 Our Price $199.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels 4-Piece Wooden Steak Knives with Gift Box Sugg. Price $200 Our Price $99.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin 4-Piece Steak Knife Set Sugg. Price $65 Our Price $49.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin 4-Piece Steak Knife Set, Stainless-Steel Sugg. Price $65 Our Price $49.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro Gentleman Steak Knives, Set of 4 Sugg. Price $263 Our Price $149.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro Steak Knife Sugg. Price $100 Our Price $79.95
What Makes a Zwilling J.A. Henckels Steak Knife Great
Add a Zwilling J.A. Henckels steak knife to your tabletop collection to see why fine home-dining enthusiasts have loved them for centuries. These steak knives combine superlative European construction with a clean, sturdy aesthetic and fantastic cutting experience. Choose from an array of steak knife sets made in the Zwilling tradition of excellence.
Zwilling's Legacy and History
The name and legacy of Zwilling has been prominent since the year 1731. That's when Peter Henckels, the founder of the cutlery, registered the Zwilling trademark with the Cutler's Guild of Solingen. These days, Solingen, a town in Germany, is fondly called The City of Blades.
- The early 18th-century registry makes Zwilling J.A. Henckels one of the oldest active brands in the world.
- Zwilling was winning awards at World Fairs as far back as 1851 for their illustrious knives.
- Ever innovative, they filed for several patents for new knife technologies throughout the 20th century, including one in 1939 for its signature Sigmaforge process.
Steak Knives Made with Sigmaforge
Zwilling's Sigmaforge process is the backbone of its knives' quality.
- This unique method incorporates a proprietary Fridour ice-hardening technique to produce corrosion-resistant blades.
- As a result of ice-hardening, the blades are exceptionally hard, yet flexible.
- Flexible blades are important when cutting, so that the tension between the food and the knife is maintained for cutting only. The knife's blade edge determines the cut of the food, while the strength of the blade contributes to the knife's overall longevity.
For steak knives, this means you can cut thick pieces of meat, highly fibrous vegetables, piles of braised greens, potatoes and other dishes with ease and grace for many years to come, especially when you extend your knife set the care it deserves.
When sharpening your knives, be certain to choose a sharpener for either straight or serrated blades, depending on which you have.
Choose Your Zwilling J.A. Henckels Steak Knife Set
Select your Zwilling J.A. Henckels Steak Knife Set based on a combination of your aesthetic style and the design of the knives.
- All steak knives are designed to be the only sharp knife at the table. With this in mind, you can select a dramatic style to make a statement. These knives play nicely with your flatware but bring their own look.
- A bolster at the butt of the handle makes the knife a little heavier. Some people prefer this as an easier way to balance the knife while cutting on a plate.
- A bolster in the middle of the knife makes sharpening the knife's entire blade easier.
Storage counts in the decision, too. Some steak knives come with a wooden box to rest in a drawer. Others fit in a block, or you can select a storage box that you monogram or display on a sideboard or buffet between meals.