- Wüsthof Classic Carving Set Sugg. Price $290 Our Price $179.95
- Shun Classic Carving Set Sugg. Price $357 Our Price $254.95
- Shun Premier 2-Piece Carving Set Sugg. Price $426 Our Price $299.95
- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star II 2-Piece Carving Set Sugg. Price $265 Our Price $199.95
- Wüsthof Classic Carving Knives Sugg. Price $152 – $177 Our Price $119.95 – $139.95
- Wüsthof Classic Curved Meat Fork Sugg. Price $137 Our Price $109.95
- Wüsthof Classic Ikon Hollow-Edge Carving Knives Sugg. Price $202 – $227 Our Price $159.95 – $179.95
- Wüsthof Classic Hollow-Edge Carving Knife, 9" Sugg. Price $177 Our Price $139.95
- Wüsthof Gourmet Carving Knife, 8" Sugg. Price $76 Our Price $59.95
- Shun Premier Fork, 6 1/2" Sugg. Price $194 Our Price $154.95
- Due Buoi Professional Stainless-Steel Carving Fork $54.95
Carving knives are designed for slicing meats, poultry and fish. Because a carving knife has a long, thin blade, it can cut your large Sunday pot roasts and hams into thin slices as well as carve the meat from the bone of a leg of lamb or holiday turkey. Williams-Sonoma has high-quality carving knives and carving sets for you to choose from, by industry leaders like Wüsthof, Zwilling J.A. Henckels, Laguiole Jean Dubost and more.
Carving knife sets combine a carving knife with a carving fork, used to hold the meat securely in place while cutting. Carving forks have either straight or curved tines, and choosing between the two is often a matter of personal preference or depends on the type of cooking you most often do. For example, a curved fork makes easy work of moving sliced meats to a platter, is well suited for turning meats while being roasted in the oven and deftly lifts large meats onto a carving board. Straight roasting forks are great for steadying meats while slicing and easily pierce through roasts to check the coloring of juices when testing for doneness. Several of our carving sets are accompanied by an attractive wood presentation box, which we will personalize with a monogram if you like, making the set a fine gift or nice display while entertaining. Carving knives and forks are also sold individually, which is especially helpful when you are looking for a replacement.
A few variations exist with carving knives as well. You might choose a carving knife that has a smooth-sided blade or one with hollow-ground depressions along the blade. The latter reduces friction when slicing, which generally keeps slices from sticking to the blade. You also have the option of a cimeter blade, which is a longer, curved blade that makes very easy work of dividing large cuts of meat into pieces, including raw meat. The slight curve of the tip rises above the handle, allowing you a greater range of motion when slicing and, therefore, cutting down on the number of times you saw back and forth.
You also have a choice of handle types, made of various materials and different grips. Laguiole Jean Dubost offers beautiful carving sets with stainless-steel or olive wood handles. Shun handles are crafted of dark tagayasan wood, an extremely dense Japanese wood that also happens to be traditionally used in making samurai sword handles. Other carving sets have handles of strong and durable polymer, pebbled for easier gripping, or are made with various hardwoods. Regardless of your choice of carving knives and forks, you can depend on the fine quality of each of our carving tools.