- Emile Henry Ruffled Square Baker Sugg. Price $55 Sale $34.99 – $55
- Emile Henry Ruffled Rectangular Baker Sugg. Price $68 – $85 Sale $59.99 – $85
- Emile Henry Ruffled Loaf Pan Sugg. Price $36.95 Sale $24.99 – $36.95
- Emile Henry Ruffled Pie Dish Sugg. Price $49.95 Sale $38.99 – $49.95
- Emile Henry Mini Ruffled Pie Dishes, Set of 2 Sugg. Price $59.95 Our Price $29.95
- Emile Henry Ruffled Heart Dish Sugg. Price $49.95 Sale $29.99
- Emile Henry Rectangular Covered Baker Sugg. Price $129.95 Sale $99.99 – $129.95
- Emile Henry Square Covered Baker Sugg. Price $99.95 Sale $79.99 – $99.95
- Williams Sonoma Stoneware Rectangular Bakers, Set of 3 $79.95
- Le Creuset Heritage Stoneware Rectangular Covered Casserole Sugg. Price $155 Our Price $110
- Le Creuset Heritage Stoneware Shallow Square Covered Baker Sugg. Price $115 Our Price $59.95
- Emile Henry Crown Bread Baker, Navy $130
- Emile Henry Italian Bread Loaf Baker, Navy $130
- Emile Henry Covered Loaf Pan $99.95 – $100
- Emile Henry Baguette Baker $130
- Emile Henry Bread Cloche $130
- Sassafras Superstone™ La Cloche Round Bread Cloche Sugg. Price $60 Sale $44.99
- Emile Henry No Knead Bread Pot $130
- Emile Henry Essential 4-Piece Ruffled Bakeware Set $210
- Emile Henry Ultimate 5-Piece Ruffled Bakeware Set Sugg. Price $294.90 Our Price $264.95
- Emile Henry Rectangular Bakers, Set of 3 Sugg. Price $129.95 Sale $79.99 – $139.99
- Emile Henry 3-Piece Ruffled Baker Set Sugg. Price $208 Our Price $184.95
- Emile Henry Artisan Deep Ruffled Pie Dish Sugg. Price $29.95 – $49.95 Sale $19.99
- Emile Henry Mini Ruffled Pie Dish Sugg. Price $29.95 Sale $19.99
- Emile Henry Cherry-Embossed Ruffled Pie Dish Sugg. Price $49.95 Sale $29.99
- Williams Sonoma Stoneware Pie Dish, Set of 3 $59.95
- Williams Sonoma Open Kitchen Ceramic Pie Dish with "Baked with Love" Message $14
- Floral Meadow Bakers, Set of 3 $79.95
- Williams Sonoma Porto Bakers, Set of 3 Sugg. Price $69.95 Sale $49.99
- Williams Sonoma Sicily Stoneware Bakers, Set of 3 $69.95
- Williams Sonoma Ginger Jar Bakers, Set of 3 Sugg. Price $69.95 Sale $55.99
- Emile Henry Pizza Stone Sugg. Price $55 – $69.95 Our Price $49.95 – $69.95
- Emile Henry Individual Mini Pizza Stone Set, Black Sugg. Price $32.95 – $65.90 Our Price $32.95 – $49.95
- Emile Henry Ribbed Pizza Stone $60
- Italian Lava Pizza Stone Set Sugg. Price $49.95 Sale $39.99
- Emile Henry Rectangular Baking Stone $59.95
- Fire King Glass Rectangular Baker $19.95
- Fire King Glass Square Baker $12.95
- Anchor Glass Pie Dish $16.95
- Williams Sonoma Open Kitchen Oven to Table Rectangular Baker $20 – $80
- Apilco Porcelain Oval Au Gratin Baker $29.95 – $79.95
- Apilco Round Au Gratin $24.95
- Apilco Ramekins, Set of 4 $18.95 – $29.95
- Apilco Ramekin $9.95
- Apilco Short Souffle Dishes $14.95 – $19.95
- Apilco Soufflé Dishes $19.95 – $44.95
- Apilco Quiche Dish $39.95
- Apilco Deep Oval Roasters $74.95 – $99.95
- Apilco Provençal Casseroles $109.95
- Apilco Hare Casserole Dish $119.95
- Apilco Chicken Casserole Dish $219.95
- Pillivuyt Square Baker $44.95 – $69.95
- Pillivuyt Rectangular Bakers $84.95 – $99.95
- Pillivuyt Rectangular Roasters $99.95 – $139.95
- Emile Henry Pumpkin-Embossed Ruffled Pie Dish $49.99
Why Home Chefs and Pros Alike Love Stoneware
Stoneware has been used for cooking and baking for literally millennia. If you need proof that it's superlative for your culinary needs, its longevity is certainly convincing. Of course, today's kind has made a few advances -- but, believe it or not, not that many. This clay-based material is a champion in the kitchen.
What Is Stoneware?
It refers to place settings, cookware and countertop accessories made of a special blend of ceramic, earthenware and minerals.
- Stoneware plays nicely with other materials, so you may find pieces that include wood, pewter, glass or even precious metals.
- Professional cooks like it for its even heating and heat retention. Home chefs enjoy its bold color retention over time.
- Treat it with care. While it stands up to heat, it may crack or chip easily if you ding it against harder surfaces.
Get The Benefits in Your Kitchen
Despite it occasionally being a more delicate choice, it has enough benefits that it's still one of the most popular kitchen choices in the world.
- It heats evenly. If you're baking a casserole or a cake in the oven, you can rest easy that the center and the edges will heat at the same rate.
- Note that the edges of nearly anything in the oven tend to brown first, due to being most exposed to heat, but your centers will come out of the oven clean.
- It retains heat, too. This helps eliminate cooking times, keeps food temperate when you pull it out of the oven and prepare to serve, plus supports the even cooking capacity.
- Roasts come out beautifully, because of the bakeware's ability to retain heat evenly.
- Stoneware is known for holding color nicely. Many pieces available today are painted in bright hues or exciting patterns.
Caring is Fast and Easy
Season it just like you would season anything else, but care for it a little differently.
- Use oil and heat to coat dishes, pans or bakeware. Salt won't hurt it, either.
- When it's time to wash it, let it cool down and put it in the dishwasher on the top rack without detergent.
- Detergent can embed itself and alter the taste of the food you cook in it later.
Pick up a few dishes for your home. Next time you make a casserole, you'll be glad to have this timeless dish at hand.