- Williams Sonoma Ultimate Decorating Tool Sugg. Price $34.95 Our Price $27.96
- de Buyer Le Tube Ultimate Decorating Tool Sugg. Price $169.95 Our Price $135.96
- OXO Decorating Tool Sugg. Price $39.95 Our Price $31.96
- Chef'n Pastry Pen $12.95
- Chef'n Sweetwrite Dripless Decorating Pen Sugg. Price $7.95 Our Price $6.36
- Ateco Stainless-Steel Decorating Tube Set Sugg. Price $59.95 Our Price $47.96
- Bakers Piping Bag Set $29.95
- Ateco Pastry Bag Decorating Kit Sugg. Price $19.95 Our Price $15.96
- Ateco Pastry Tip Set Sugg. Price $16.95 Our Price $13.56
- Ateco Pastry Bags Sugg. Price $12.95 Our Price $10.36
- Ateco Reusable Superflex Pastry Bags Sugg. Price $4.95 Our Price $3.96
- Baker's Twine $12.95
- Meri Meri 'Twas the Night Before Christmas Cupcake Decorating Kit $12.95
- Meri Meri Red Liberty Print Cupcake Decorating Kit $13
- Meri Meri Liberty Print Cupcake Decorating Kit $13
- Meri Meri Birthday Cupcake Decorating Kit $13
- Meri Meri Betsy Liberty Print Cupcake Decorating Kit $13
- Meri Meri Pirate Cupcake Liners & Toppers Kit $13
- Meri Meri Unicorn Cupcake Decorating Kit $13
- Food Decorating Paste Set $14.95
- Chocolate Deco Pens Sugg. Price $12.95 Our Price $10.36
- Meri Meri Egg Decorating Kit Sugg. Price $12 Sale $7.99
- Philips Cookie Die Kit $24.95
Anyone can bake a cake with a bag of cake mix, but the tasty treat you’re making doesn’t become truly your own until you decorate it. Get your creative juices flowing with the right cake decorating tools available at Williams-Sonoma. From traditional names and cursive messages to flowers, unicorns and rainbows, you can top a cake, pastry or tower of cookies with edible icing that looks too good to eat. If you need to prep desserts for a wedding, birthday party, anniversary or any other special occasion, break out the fancy serveware, and let your cake decorating skills do all of the talking.
One of the most important pieces in any cake decorator’s toolbox is a good pastry bag. Simply fill this cake-decorating tool with icing, and then apply pressure to strategically spread icing over your dessert. Bags are typically made of canvas, while the insides are lined with protective material for easy cleaning. The texture does not stretch or break, allowing you to fill the bag to the brim with the frosting of your choice. Bags come in rolls of various sizes, allowing you to use a new one for each color of frosting.
Along with a good pastry bag, you also need tips for precision application. Find a set of stainless-steel tips; they’re easy to wash, so that dried, old frosting doesn’t stick. A good set of decorating tips comes with its own carrying case that allows you to keep track of all of them. When you open this case, you find tips of various sizes, thicknesses and diameters. A smaller tip lets you apply precision lettering and make tiny decorations on icing flowers or other frills. Bigger tips let you apply more frosting to an area, such as for creating the base of a flower or covering a cupcake. Many of these sets also come with specialty tips in the shapes of diamonds, stars, flowers, clovers and more for plenty of design inspiration. These specialty tips are also good for making lattices, zigzags and other patterns on cake surfaces.
If you’re new to the world of cake decorating, find a set that comes with several bags and decorating tips you can experiment with. Before you decorate with icing, make sure that your dessert has time to cool outside of the cake pan so the icing doesn’t melt; a cool cake leaves you with a pristine design.
For those who don’t want to deal with the mess of a pastry bag, there are decorating guns that take the guesswork out of the process. These guns are similar to caulk guns, except that you fill them with delicious icing and frosting instead. The nozzles on these guns feature screw caps that let you easily interchange tips for different decorating textures, while the pastry bag loads into the body of the device. For cupcakes and smaller decorating jobs, a tool with the precision of a pen gives you more control than a larger device. Another delicious way to make more precise designs on your desserts is to use a chocolate pen. These come in different colors and let you draw by hand like you’re using an actual pen instead of handling a tool.
If you’re more of a cookie person than a cake person, make sure to stock up on cookie cutters to press your dough into unique shapes. These dies have sharp edges that break through the cookie dough cleanly, allowing you to place precision shapes on top of your cookie sheets. If you’re still not too sure about your decorating chops, we offer pre-made icing shapes you can stick on frosted cakes and cookies, making them complete from the time they leave the mixing bowl. We also have holiday-themed toothpicks perfect for placing in cupcakes for extra-decorative pizzazz.