Shredded Brussels Sprout and Kale Salad
Two favorite autumn vegetables—brussels sprouts and kale—come together in this healthful salad. If you’ve never eaten these vegetables raw, you’re in for a delicious surprise. A sprinkling of pomegranate seeds adds a pop of color.
- 1 lb. (500 g) brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed and leaves julienned
- 1/2 cup (4 fl. oz./125 ml) walnut oil
- 1/4 cup (2 fl. oz./60 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 oz./60 g) pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) toasted walnuts, chopped
- Shaved Parmesan cheese for garnish
Using a sharp knife or a food processor, thinly slice the brussels sprouts. Place in a large bowl, add the kale and toss to combine.
In a small bowl, whisk together the walnut oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the brussels sprouts and kale and toss to coat well. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds, walnuts and cheese over the salad. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper and serve. Serves 6 to 8.
Williams-Sonoma Test Kitchen