Seared Scallops with Tropical Salsa
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 16 sea scallops, about 1 lb. total
Heat a large nonstick fry pan over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray. Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Add half of the scallops to the pan and sear, turning once, until golden brown on both sides and opaque throughout, about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the scallops to a warmed plate. Keep warm while cooking the remaining scallops in the same way.
Divide the scallops among warmed individual plates. Spoon the salsa over the tops, dividing it evenly. Serve immediately.