Gaby's Grilled Quesadillas
Here Gaby Dalkin, cookbook author and founder of the website What’s Gaby Cooking, shares her recipe for an easy appetizer that shows off her cooking style, a California casual approach with Southwestern flair. Feel free to add whatever you fancy to make it your own. Gaby likes to “jazz it up with grilled corn, charred jalapeños or roasted peppers.”
- 4 flour tortillas, each about 10 inches (25 cm) in diameter
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz./125 g) shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (9 oz./280 g) shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Tbs. coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- What’s Gaby Cooking tomatillo or chipotle tomato salsa for serving
- Sour cream for serving
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill.
Arrange the tortillas in a single layer on the grill grate. Divide the cheeses, chicken and cilantro among the tortillas, sprinkling them evenly. Cook until the cheese starts to melt and the tortillas are golden brown on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Fold the tortillas in half as you transfer them to a cutting board. Cut each quesadilla into wedges and transfer to a serving platter. Serve with the salsa and sour cream alongside. Serves 4.
Recipe courtesy of Gaby Dalkin, cookbook author and founder of What’s Gaby Cooking