Cheddar, Bacon & Tomato Panini
- 8 slices country-style bread, each 1/2 inch thick
- 2 Tbs. unsalted butter, melted
- 10 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 bacon slices, fried until crisp
- 4 large tomato slices, each halved crosswise
Brush one side of each bread slice with the melted butter. Place the slices, buttered side down, on a clean work surface. Sprinkle 2 Tbs. cheese on each of 4 slices, then top each with 2 bacon slices and 1 tomato slice. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top, dividing evenly. Top each with one of the remaining bread slices, buttered side up.
Place 2 sandwiches on the preheated panini press and close the lid. Cook until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in half. Repeat with the remaining sandwiches. Serve immediately. Serves 4.