Roasted beets are one of the simplest of vegetable side dishes, but they still make a spectacular showing when you combine red and golden beets and garnish them with thinly sliced radishes and cilantro leaves. If you have an oven with a convection setting, you can reduce the cooking time by 5 to 10 minutes.
- 1 lb. (500 g) mixed red and gold beets, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch (12-mm) wedges
- 3 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Thinly shaved radishes for garnish
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
Preheat an oven to 400°F (200°C).
In a bowl, toss the beets with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the beets evenly on a baking sheet.
Bake until the beets are easily pierced with a knife, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, season with more salt and pepper, and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with radishes and cilantro leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serves 4.
Williams Sonoma Test Kitchen