Zwilling J.A. Henckels Four Star II Meat Cleaver
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Professional chefs know that the proper weight and balance of a knife are just as vital as a strong, sharp edge. Crafted in Germany, the Four Star II collection delivers on all counts with a superior hand feel and high-carbon steel blades forged for optimal sharpness. The stout, weighty blade of this cleaver cuts through bones and firm joints with ease and is equally adept at chopping and mincing firm vegetables.
- Precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process, which incorporates the Fridour ice-hardening technique to produce corrosion-resistant blades that are exceptionally hard yet flexible.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade’s edge is at the ideal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Stainless-steel end cap provides excellent balance while cutting.
- Permanently bonded polypropylene handle has just enough texture for a secure, comfortable grip.
- Bolster transitions seamlessly to handle to accommodate a wide variety of specialized cutting grips.
- 6"-long blade.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels, founded in 1731.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 4 out of 5 by GenghisFlan from Great for a small cleaver. This is a great cleaver, but sightly limited as it is somewhat lighter than cleavers with an inch or two more on the blade. As a result, it doesn't juggernaut through bones. That being said, it is also surprisingly heavy for its size. This is perfect for breaking down suckling pigs, lambs, and small-ish game. I've found using just the tip (where you take advantage of leverage the most) aids in clean cutting through racks of ribs and such. The handle has a great feel, and doesn't have any notches or rivets where meat gunk could get trapped. Holds a great edge as well, I find it easiest to have it professionally sharpened on a wheel from time to time. Also a tip: don't use cleavers on anything else but a butcher's block. The grains of wood intentionally are oriented vertically as to slightly split upon upon impact to regain its shape afterwards. This helps to absorb the shock and to make it a quiet(er) job. Enjoy!Date published: 2012-08-29