Zwilling J.A. Henckels Professional "S" Hollow-Ground Santoku Knife
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Santoku means "three benefits" in Japanese, which only hints at this knife’s versatility. The multipurpose blade is great for mincing, slicing and dicing. Forged in Solingen, Germany, the knife is designed to meet the challenges of professionals as well home cooks and combines a classically contoured design with refined construction standards that ensure superior sharpness, strength and durability. The shallow depressions on each side of the blade minimize drag while you chop and slice.
- Precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process resulting in an exceptionally hard yet flexible blade.
- Zwilling’s Fridour ice-hardening technique results in a harder, sharper blade that is exceptionally durable, corrosion resistant and highly elastic.
- Precise lasers are used to ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness and cutting ease.
- Full tang ensures good balance (a solid piece of steel extends from the tip of the knife to the end of the handle).
- Contoured for a secure, comfortable grip, the sleek ABS resin handle is triple riveted to the blades.
- Crafted in the famous cutlery center of Solingen, Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" knife: 5" long blade.
- 7" knife: 7" long blade.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by lmb02 from Best Henckels Knife Yet I've used my JA Henckels Professional S knives for over 40 years and this 7-inch is the best knife yet. Light as air, slices and chops easily, don't get tired from the weight so you can use longer. This has become my primary large knife (other than a boning knife and a paring knife).Date published: 2015-02-10Rated 4 out of 5 by CDL1 from Santoku 7" Pro-S..... This knife completes our long owned Professional-S block. I purchased the 7". Well balanced , extremely sharp. Better pay attention when cleaning as the potential for injury is high. Cleaning the small indentations near the edge is difficult. No regrets... is rapidly becoming the go-to blade in our home kitchen. This is my first of this style (Santoku) blade... very nice appearance. We have used the Pro-S line for 20 years.Date published: 2014-06-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Guardiana from Durable and sharp I wanted to update my knife collection, had classic shun, was not happy because of easy chipping/pitting and tip breakage. I thought Shun Hiro will be much higher in quality, but I was wrong. From reading reviews of other people I can see that it's a common problem with all shuns, so I returned them and got this one to try. It's not as pretty, but definitely not nearly as fragile/brittle! I will be replacing shuns with this line!Date published: 2013-10-26